Booking multiple rooms ?

SusieQT

(Donning flame suit)

My dad travels on another cruise line regularly, and every 5 years takes the whole family (his treat).

He always books onboard.

He and his wife are both "Seniors".

Has anyone booked family members in rooms, and then switched around once you were onboard? I am assuming some families with 3+ kids have done this to get around the 21+ rule, but has anyone done it to double dip with the senior discounts?

He will be booking 2 suites and 1 nicest balcony room, if not all 3 suites. (This will not be on RCCL, so I don't know the category) I do understand that he will only get 2 SC discounts at the most!

Thanks!

P.S. Hi Dad, if you are reading! (Always trying to save you a buck or two!)

We did this on RC and they dont care as long as you match the ages/rooms/beds... we wanted our daughter in our room with us and they just gave us an extra room key for her for our room and I had reserved her in my sister in laws room. we are also doing this on sovereign because they won't let you book 5 in a GS so I got another interior room for my husband & son but we're all staying in the GS!

What wrp96 wrote was true for us as well. The first cruise we took with my sister and BIL, we were already C&A members, but it was their first. C&A has us book me in one cabin and my DH in another to take advantage of a C&A $125 off per cabin coupon for that cruise. Plus, they added (or that is subtracted) a senior discount at the last minute, so both my DH and my sister (who was booked in his cabin) got the senior rate. The money we saved that way, we spent onboard in other ways.

beachchick

Not flaming you. Maybe I got your post the wrong way, but if all this is not gonna happen on RC wouldn´t it be better to ask this on the board of said cruiseline as each line might have their different rules/procedures for this.

Again please don´t get me wrong this is just meant as a heads up that whatever line you might be cruising on could handle this differently than RC.:)

Not flaming you. Maybe I got your post the wrong way, but if all this is not gonna happen on RC wouldn´t it be better to ask this on the board of said cruiseline as each line might have their different rules/procedures for this.

Again please don´t get me wrong this is just meant as a heads up that whatever line you might be cruising on could handle this differently than RC.:)

(Smacks forehead) Duh! You did a more careful reading than I did. I should have reread the sentence about how it's not going to be on RCI. I can only relate what happened to us on RCI. We've never booked multiple cabins on the other lines we've cruised with.

beachchick

We have a large group going but don't qualify for group rate since we don't have 8 cabins.

Anyway, 3 of our members are over 55 (55,65,65) we told RCL but they didn't apply any discount to their room statement.

What kind of discount should they be getting?

Thanks

We have a large group going but don't qualify for group rate since we don't have 8 cabins.

Anyway, 3 of our members are over 55 (55,65,65) we told RCL but they didn't apply any discount to their room statement.

What kind of discount should they be getting?

Thanks

RCCL offers senior discounts, but this applies just like military discounts and resident discounts only to selcted sailings. So probably your sailing is none of those.

Just an FYI - RCI's over 21 rule has special provisions for families. You can book your children in their own cabin (without an adult) as long as the cabin is within close proximity (like across the hall or a few dorrs down the hal) and is assigned the same lifeboat. We have done this multiple times and it saves the hassle of switching room keys once onboard. Many people and even some TAs aren't aware of this.

OP here.

The line is X, that board just isn't so flame-proof!

The cruise we will take together is over New Years, so if there isn't always a senior discount, then I am sure there won't be on that week.

All 3 cabins have both RCCL loyalty points and X loyalty points. Just looking for a better deal! My dad is the equivalent of diamond, we are still in the 1st category.

Thanks for your replies!

Just an FYI - RCI's over 21 rule has special provisions for families. You can book your children in their own cabin (without an adult) as long as the cabin is within close proximity (like across the hall or a few dorrs down the hal) and is assigned the same lifeboat. We have done this multiple times and it saves the hassle of switching room keys once onboard. Many people and even some TAs aren't aware of this.

This may be correct for under 18. But it is not a over 21 rule.

Son and friends are 19 and they will be 6 decks below us and on the other end of the ship. All is required: a link to my reservation.

Archived