What the heck to do in Nassau??

Jules7226

DH and I will be in Nassau in March. Neither of us has been there before. I am looking for ideas on what to do other than shop, Atlantis or Sheraton/Wyndham. Has anyone done anything besides these things that they would like to share? Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated. :)

Just posted the following on another thread:

We will be back in Nassau in a couple of weeks and for something different, we are going on the booze cruise on the Bahamian Queen independently for $55 a person. It leaves near the straw market at 1:00. It stops at a reef for approx. 45 minutes for snorkeling, several different types of mixed drinks, beer and soda are unlimited after snorkeling (or from the start if you don't have a wrist band on indicating you plan to snorkel), then they serve you a BBQ lunch on their glass bottom boat on the way to a secluded beach. There you spend 45 minutes or so on the beach with more unlimited drinks. Then you get back on the boat and there's live music, partying, dancing and games like limbo as you make your way back. It sounds like a lot of fun packed in to a 4 hour tour. We're really looking forward to it for something different since it's our 4th time going to Nassau in the past 7 years.

If you're not into the party scene, the regular snorkeling tours are fun as it's a gorgeous boat ride to the reef and back and the snorkeling is really good there. We've also done the dolphin encounter before and thought it was a lot of fun. You also have a really nice boat ride to where they have the dolphin encounter and back too. The water is so beautiful there. We always make sure to incorporate some sort of water tour when we're there into what we do as it's just so beautiful.

progress.gif

Just posted the following on another thread:

We will be back in Nassau in a couple of weeks and for something different, we are going on the booze cruise on the Bahamian Queen independently for $55 a person. It leaves near the straw market at 1:00. It stops at a reef for approx. 45 minutes for snorkeling, several different types of mixed drinks, beer and soda are unlimited after snorkeling (or from the start if you don't have a wrist band on indicating you plan to snorkel), then they serve you a BBQ lunch on their glass bottom boat on the way to a secluded beach. There you spend 45 minutes or so on the beach with more unlimited drinks. Then you get back on the boat and there's live music, partying, dancing and games like limbo as you make your way back. It sounds like a lot of fun packed in to a 4 hour tour. We're really looking forward to it for something different since it's our 4th time going to Nassau in the past 7 years.

If you're not into the party scene, the regular snorkeling tours are fun as it's a gorgeous boat ride to the reef and back and the snorkeling is really good there. We've also done the dolphin encounter before and thought it was a lot of fun. You also have a really nice boat ride to where they have the dolphin encounter and back too. The water is so beautiful there. We always make sure to incorporate some sort of water tour when we're there into what we do as it's just so beautiful.

progress.gif

Thanks for the idea. How did you go about booking the Bahamian Queen? That really sounds like something that we would enjoy. Snorkeling, beautiful water and drinks....I want to leave tomorrow. :D

I actually called them because I had some questions and made a reservation over the phone while I was talking to them. They just took my name, the date and the number in my party and gave me a confirmation #. They didn't ask for a credit card or anything. You can also do online reservations. Here's their website: http://www.boozecruisebahamas.com/trip.html

Enjoy your cruise!

I actually called them because I had some questions and made a reservation over the phone while I was talking to them. They just took my name, the date and the number in my party and gave me a confirmation #. They didn't ask for a credit card or anything. You can also do online reservations. Here's their website: http://www.boozecruisebahamas.com/trip.html

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks a lot, I'll check it out. You enjoy your cruise as well! :)

Archived