best lightweight stroller

Maddycakes

Hi Guy's,

I am prepareing for my much anticipated cruise with my family in May:D And I have a question. I know I can not take my "normal" stroller with us (It is probably bigger than the suit cases:p ). And I HATE my umbrella stroller that I have. It was free so we keep it around in case we are in a pinch.

I have done some researching and thinking regarding purchaseing a lightweight stroller. Here are some of my thought's:

We are Floridian's and go to Disney as well as the local zoo a great deal, so we would get more use than just the 7 day cruise. (so we are willing to pay for quality)

On the other hand, I am a teacher so there is just so much "quality" I can afford:o

My husband and I are VERY tall so the stoller would have to be as well.

I also do not think we could live without the basket (underneth the stroller to hold my DD stuff).

I have been reading the boards and because of that I have looked into the Maclaren brand. This has led to two questions as well:

1. other than price what is the difference between the triumph and quest?

2. I noticed if I buy a 2006 vs. 2007 model I can save money. Does anyone know if there is any differences here?

Additionally, If you have any suggestions on other strollers or just a great place to get a deal I would appreciate any other info.:)

I can only see that there is not an adjustable leg rest. The quest will come out or down, the triumph does not. I believe they both recline. I'm looking at 2006 quest for our upcoming cruise. Lightweight and I have heard nothing but good.

I also just placed an order for a Maclaren Quest from albee baby, they are having a sale on the 2006 and 2007 models.

The difference between the triumph and quest, from what i read is that the quest has 4 position to recline, the triumph 2. The

quest has the adjustable foot rest and because the wheels of the quest is a bit bigger it runs better. That is what i got from the baby message board from other parent with these strollers.

I highly recommend the Maclaren Volo stroller. After going thru 4 stollers of all different kids, I finally settled on this one after a disney board recommended it for my first disney trip. It folds up and in like an umbrella stroller, has a strap to carry it as it is super light. The handles are padded and perfect for pushing and walking. The one I purchased was all black and mesh (I could hose it down to clean!) but also came with a pad that secured easily although I never used it. The canopy was removable and it also came with a rain cover and a stroller bag. Here is one of the current ones listed:

http://www.amazon.com/Maclaren-A010321-Volo-Carbon-Stroller/dp/B000E5R3NI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_7?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1201581553&sr=8-7

I also purchased the maclaren universal holder and it fits perfectly. I only used it for long days when I needed to hold extra stuff. Oh, you don't have to used the 5 point harness either if your child is old enough - it is just an option

What I liked about this stroller is that it can be as simple or deluxe as you want it to be. My daughter loves riding in it, the mesh kept her cool on our hot vacations and it was so easy to collapse and carry. My daughter used it until she was 4yrs old for long trips. It was well worth the $99 I spent on it and wished I purchased it after my infant stroller right away!

Before you make any decision, go to a local store that sells these brands and try them out. That is what I did. Good Luck!

Archived