Which Cruise? Advice?

getmeouttahere0608

Hi. Looking for advice on taking a possible cruise this year - the date is flexible right now - just looking for the best bet.

I'll be celebrating a couple of milestones - 30th b-day, 5th wedding anniversary and am looking for a great cruise to do so - hopefully something around May - September? It will probably be just my husband, myself and our 1.5 year old son (he turns two in late October).

We've been on a couple of Princess cruises (with other family members) and like the quality of food, service, etc. But since it will just be us three - I'm trying to explore possibility of cruises that can watch our little tyke every now and then. Disney looks to be too expensive...Royal Carribean looks fun but I don't think that they offer services for young toddlers like Disney and Carnival does.

So - any good suggestions of a great (Carnival?) boat and a great itinerary (we've been on a Eastern/Western Carribean out of Fl and just recently an Alaskan trip out of Seattle). Looking to spend a good week or little more on a cruise...we live in Southern California and would be willing to go to any port...

But - comments I've heard about Carnival ships are they are crowded and not the best quality in terms of food and accomodations??

Any advice/tips or hints would be appreciated!

No line has a kid's program for a child who's 1 1/2. RCCI has a program where the parents can take the child into the playroom for a short period of time per day, and stay with the child, but neither Carnival nor NCL allows a child as young as yours in the kid's club.

Carnival has really cleaned up their rep as a party till you barf line, and their food has improved quite a bit in the last two years. RCCI has in cabin baby sitting at night, for a per hour fee. Carnival only has group sitting after 10pm. You're choosing to cruise during hurricane season, if that means anything to you---some don't mind hurricane season, but others don't care to take the chance of booking at that time.

Darcie is right - on RCCL for a child that is 1.5, you can go WITH the child to do the 45 minute AuquaTot session. I guess it's just a few toys laid out. NOT in the Adventure Ocean room but in another room.

RCCL does have in cabin sitting at night ($10/hour) and a BabyZone for non-potty trained children on Freedom/Liberty/Independence of the Seas

Carnival - they have a few hours during the day here and there for "Under 2's" for paid babysitting. And then after 10pm. But no water areas for kids not potty trained.

Archived