Princess Costa Rica Excursions-need advise

safety

:) Hi--I would like some advise please. We will be on the Coral Princess in March. We have signed up for the "Rain Forest Jitney Ride & Skywalk" excursion from the port of Limon, Costa Rica. We are in moderately good health and wonder if anyone has experienced the "skywalk" . I visualize a plank and rope shaky bridge over the Rain Forest canopy as in a Tarzan movie! . I am sure this is not accurate. Has anyone taken this excursion?

Also, if anyone has an excursion to recommend in Costa Rica I am all ears.

Thanks again---Peter

:) Hi--I would like some advise please. We will be on the Coral Princess in March. We have signed up for the "Rain Forest Jitney Ride & Skywalk" excursion from the port of Limon, Costa Rica. We are in moderately good health and wonder if anyone has experienced the "skywalk" . I visualize a plank and rope shaky bridge over the Rain Forest canopy as in a Tarzan movie! . I am sure this is not accurate. Has anyone taken this excursion?

Also, if anyone has an excursion to recommend in Costa Rica I am all ears.

Thanks again---Peter

Try the Costa Rica thread for more info, we are doing the zip-line canopy.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=198

I just did the Zip line tour in Costa Rica (returned from the Coral last Saturday) and highly recommend it!!! The equipment they use seems brand new, the organization is streamlined and no glitches whatsoever and the leader of the tour (Mario) was superb!!! It is safe, incredibly beautiful, a fun activity and unless one is wheelchair bound, very easy! The ledges(platforms) are secure and as well as being tightly secured by 3 harnesses. All 4 of us in our party loved it......you won't be sorry!

The aerial tram was sedate and scenic but almost no wildlife. The canal cruise was spectacular with abundant wildlife. In between the two activities we had a tasty local lunch and briefly visited a banana plantation. We also had a terrific guide.

As suggested, check out the Costa Rica board. It is a beautiful country - enjoy!

I just did the Zip line tour in Costa Rica (returned from the Coral last Saturday) and highly recommend it!!! The equipment they use seems brand new, the organization is streamlined and no glitches whatsoever and the leader of the tour (Mario) was superb!!! It is safe, incredibly beautiful, a fun activity and unless one is wheelchair bound, very easy! The ledges(platforms) are secure and as well as being tightly secured by 3 harnesses. All 4 of us in our party loved it......you

won't be sorry!

Thanks for the review on the Zip line tour, we are looking forward to it. :)

Hi,

Got on Princess Boards because we are thinking of doing the Crown Princess in the Baltics this summer. At Christmas our family of seven cruised with Holland America to the Panama Canal and stopped at Puerto Limon. We booked a private tour with Oscar Brown (you can find him on the internet). We went for the day and had a wonderful time. We did the Canopy Zip (my husband and I are both in our early 60s) and it was the highlight of our day there. It was extremely safe, they take all the safety precautions. Oscar will take you to the canals and the banana plantation and stop to show you monkeys and other interesting sights. If you decide to go with him you will not be disappointed. Have a great time! We sure did.

Archived