cabin question ????

angela76

I'm giong to book my cruise next week and need 6 cabins, what are the chances of getting them next to each other. We are not going until next Feb. :( But I need 2 inside and 4 ov. Inside for kids:D but will they be close to us? The ship will be the Holiday.

It's my understanding that they do the best they can to group parties together when you book your rooms. There's no guarantee, depending on which rooms are already booked, but the two times I've cruised so far my family has always been right next to one another, so hopefully you'll be fine.

I'm giong to book my cruise next week and need 6 cabins, what are the chances of getting them next to each other. We are not going until next Feb. :( But I need 2 inside and 4 ov. Inside for kids:D but will they be close to us? The ship will be the Holiday.

The chances are excellent. Just contact your TA or PVP and tell them exactly which cabins you're interested in. You won't be able to do guarantees but at least you'll all be together!!

Angela be sure to ask for group rates. Many people think they must have 8 cabins to get a group rate but it is possible with as few as 5 cabins. You will get extra perks just not the free berth you would get if you had 8 cabins. Hope you have a wonderful trip. Who know's if you already have 6 cabins you might even be able to find a couple more people to sail with you between now and then so you would get that free berth if you set it up as a group.

I just noticed you are going Valentine's .... what a special time to sail.

Robin

We booked through the groups dept directly through carnival.We started with an agent, but we found a much better deal direct. they held 8 rooms for us, we sold 6.Every cabin got or I should say gets $100.The agent didnt offer this:mad: If we would have sold 8 we would have gotten a free room or something. with that you get to have a gruop Party, much like the one for past guests. However,the three balcony rooms are to the front of the ship on the 6th floor. And the interior rooms are on the 7th floor towards the back of the ship. We dont care about that, I think if you ask, you should have no prob. have fun!! this is our second valentines cruise.:D

Angela be sure to ask for group rates. Many people think they must have 8 cabins to get a group rate but it is possible with as few as 5 cabins. You will get extra perks just not the free berth you would get if you had 8 cabins. Hope you have a wonderful trip. Who know's if you already have 6 cabins you might even be able to find a couple more people to sail with you between now and then so you would get that free berth if you set it up as a group.

I just noticed you are going Valentine's .... what a special time to sail.

Robin

If you have 8 cabins (which we now do), how does the free berth work??? Who gets it???

If you have 8 cabins (which we now do), how does the free berth work??? Who gets it???

Talk to your agent or Carnival. You will generally decide who is the recipient. However they may have been discounting a small amount off of each passenger instead or you can have them do this. There should also be some perks for each cabin but you would need to talk with Carnival about the specifics as it will depend on length of cruise, date of sailing, total number of people, etc. However the biggest question....did you initially start this as a group or has your party just booked their own cabins? The group incentives may not apply if this is the case. Talk to Carnival Group now and see what can be done. If you have been using an agent, did everyone book through them? If so the agent should have been on top of this.

carriejose,

The free berth comes in the form of a rebate check to whomever host the group ... which I assume will be you. Your agent will mail it out after the cruise. The amount depends on the types of cabins booked, for example if there are more balconies booked the credit would be for a balcony, if more insides the credit would be equal to the inside. However, it will not be as much as you may anticipate ... take the total costs of 1 person and then subtract all port charges, fees, fuel, etc. and this will be the amount comped. You need to make sure you are getting perks like shipboard credits too.

Like the previous poster mentioned make sure everyone is booked with the agent and that it was originally set up as a group ... if not, call your agent today and see if you can get it switched to a group.

This far out you should be okay. Call Carnival direct to choose your cabins.

Payd:)

We just booked 8 cabins, picked out our own rooms. We have six right in as row - some adjoining. One across the hall. One on the other side of the ship (they needed cabin with 2 bunks) still very close - they are just around the corner from the elevators, and a 1A just down the hall from the rest of us. Most of us booked OV - one with a balcony is a couple floors up from us. If you go guarantee - which we did once, you may be all over the place - we were. But if you pick out your rooms you should be fine. In saying all of that - we are 11 months out from our cruise so there were quite a few choices at this point. Book very early and you shouldn't have a problem getting rooms close to each other.

I have been told if you qualify for the free cabin, you can spread the savings equally on to everyone else in your group. And yes, like stated you just tell your agent which cabins you want & they can be arranged as close as possible to each other. Have fun!!

Archived