What to bring? (Mariner Oct. 10)

bbshopbass

We're going on the Mariner the week of Oct. 10-17. I was wondering if we need to bring anything in particular for some of the activities we want to do.

Can any of you tell us if we should bring particular footwear, clothing, etc. for:

rock climbing on board

parasailing

Dunn's Falls

kayaking

sting ray city

Mayan ruins in Cozumel

Thanks!

You must bring water shoes for Dunns River Falls, as they are required.if not you will have to rent them for $10 per pair.

also if your Sting Ray City Excursion is in GC you may be disapointed, the last news on these board is that the port in Grand Cayman is closed to cruise ships.

Also you must wear shoes to use the rock climbing wall on board.

We're leaving on 10/10 too so you and I share this countdown clock

Have a great trip!

bbshopbass,

Have you checked out our meet and mingle for the Mariner, October 10th? There is about 35 of us that have hooked up and plan to meet up on the ship. We're not a rowdy group, just a bunch of families from across the country itching to go and cruise! Please feel free to join us! We will be disappointed also if we don't go to stingray city (we chartered a boat thru Nativeways), but we understand if we don't. If, by some chance we do get to go, you are not permitted to wear the water shoes, as you can hurt the stingrays by wearing them. At least that is what we were told last year when we went. Don't forget that underwater disposable camera! Beautiful shots at affordable prices. Don't think you need anything for the parasailing, and I 2nd the advice on the shoes for Dunn's. Definately bring your own. Rock climbing, I think you need sneakers for, or least closed toed shoes. Have not done the ruins or the kayaking, so I don't know about that. HTH :D

Try out our thread and jump in if you want or lurk if you want!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=2058560#post2058560

-You have to have socks to climb the rock wall on the ship. They give you special shoes, but you can only wear them if you have on socks.

-If you think you might try ice skating while onboard, you will need long pants.

-Comfy cool clothing and good tennis shoes for the long hot day in Cozumel at the ruins with lots of walking. Also bring a water bottle.

-Yes, water shoes to climb Dunn's River Falls (and probably kayaking) as well as a waterproof camera as you stop at levels along the way for photos. Also, wear a swimming suit for the Falls (at least something that can get VERY wet). It may sound funny, but there were people on our trip that were just going to climb in their casual polos and pants/shorts (they only thought their feet and maybe lower legs would get wet).

-I also have heard that it will be several months before Grand Cayman will be a stop again (and probably not until after November at the very earliest). RCCL should be able to let you know before you leave.

:D Have a great time!:D

bbshopbass, I see you have met our welcoming committee chair. High TM3. I don't know where you are located, but for this yankee living in New England it was darn HOT in the Caribbean. So my advice is to bring light clothing especially for excursions not involving water. The water shoes were definitely a must along with sandles and a pair of sneaker.

As for Grand Cayman, the devastation on the island is so great, it will be a long time before they accept visitors. In fact they've put the word out not to come because of the lack or resources.

Archived