Personal Valet Luggage Service

LaPaloma

Steve,

Seabourn Valet service is the only way to travel ~~my 'lit hic up was not the norm! I've used the service several times and it's worked beautifully ~~~expensive yes, but much less than back surgery or being in a wheelchair for life :confused: ~~~ha ha ha Flying into Newark and having to manage heavy luggage is almost impossible for me so I ship my bags home. A few times disembarking Lisbon I have taken a small roll-on from the ship and enjoyed a few days in Portugal, without 2 large pieces of luggage ~~~sure has worked for me!:p

Enjoy your Spirit voyage ~~~when/where do you embark?

Martita B.

Hi Martita,

Thanks. You certainly make it sound attractive, notwithstanding the occasional hiccup.

We are on the Wonders of the World 2 grand voyage from Civitivecchia to Singapore, departing October 25.

This will be our first time on Seabourn. We're dipping our toes into the luxury market, having spent 24 days on Crystal last year.

Can't wait..........

Cheers,

Steve (and Chris)

Steve and Chris

Do consider having Seabourn fetch your luggage before you leave for the Spirit! When you board your bags will be waiting for you resting/napping on your bed!:D Then if you choose have your luggage shipped back to your home! I've even shipped one piece and taken one ~~works so well ~~having no luggage helps my stress level!;)

My favorite Captain will be driving you ~~Captain Toenis T. Soerensen ~~a Norwegian Viking Sailor! I've known Toenis for years ~~met him when he was a shy Staff Captain under Captain Leif Rodahl. (Leif retired a couple of years ago.....much to everyone's disappointment--he was grrreat) You will certainly enjoy all the Staff aboard the Spirit.

You'll have a grand voyage and a most magical cruise!

Happy Seabourn Family:p

Martita B.

In other posts I think some of you mentioned that you like to have flickering flameless candles in your suite. Do you pack them in your luggage shipped via Seabourn Valet service? Any problem with EU customs on shipping to the EU?

Based on your experience, any items that can't be shipped using the Seabourn service? I previously had a problem with an inexpensive back-up camera that I had in my shipped suitcase. I wasn't worried about loss (it was a cheap old camera), but I was told that my bags were delayed due to "non-clothing" items in the bags.

Any thoughts? Thanks

Ellen

GreatTimes--we take no chances--the rules say clothes only--we stick pretty well to that--any suspect stuff will be in my hand carry! Why take the risk? Don

Got to amend my previous post--just got my bag tags and instructions--they say cloths and personal items, but no camara equiptment or fragile and valuable items. I will pack my long term toilet items, electric tooth brush, and my wifes fancy skin creams. It allows a lot more stuff than I thought. Don

• 1 month later...

Anita just called. I had left her a message that I wanted to use the Valet service for our bags on the way back from Lisboa. She had everything from last year up in the system, she just needed to verify 3 things - done in 3 minutes. The tags and info will be delivered to the ship and then forwarded on to our suite!

Impressive! :D

Matt

Yes, Anita is so very efficient. I'm shipping my luggage home from the ship after the Pride Crossing and she Fed Exed my shipping packets to me last week. All I need do is attach them to my bags the morning of arrival in Lisbon. (So convenient not to have to drag them into the hall the night before ~~~)

NO luggage makes traveling much easier ~~less hassles!:eek:

Do you remember our "hassle" year before last at the Lisbon Airport? And we were flying Business!

MB

• 4 months later...

Since we have a relatively short (a little over an hour) layover in Philly from Phoenix on our way to Roma we are planning on using Seabourn's Valet service to ship our luggage from Tucson. Flying these days is enough of a hassle without having to worry that we might end up at sea wearing Seabourn bathrobes on formal night! From my perusal of this thread it seems most of the problems with this service were on the post cruise end. Has anyone used the service and ended up sailing without their luggage? And when DHL picks up your luggage from your home how do you know what weight they are using to calculate the charge? In my conversation with Seabourn they quote a price of $360 for 31-50 pounds. I'm not confident that my bathroom scale will give me an accurate weight ( of course maybe if I had not called it a darn lair all of these years:D it might be more cooperative).And finally, do they shrink wrap your bag?

Lola/Matt,

That does sound like a much more graceful way to travel. My TA suggestd another luggage service but to me the advantage of Seabourn Valet is to have it delivered directly to your suite. Seems like a small price to pay for piece of mind.Glad you all have had such a good experience with their service.

(Lola, Hope your move is going or did go well! Have your furry children adjusted?)

Lola/Matt,

That does sound like a much more graceful way to travel. My TA suggestd another luggage service but to me the advantage of Seabourn Valet is to have it delivered directly to your suite. Seems like a small price to pay for piece of mind.Glad you all have had such a good experience with their service.

(Lola, Hope your move is going or did go well! Have your furry children adjusted?)

Thanks for asking...yes, we are about moved with the personal belongings..the funiture and heavy things go Thursday. The poor grey things are a bit bewildered...the real adjustment..they have to learn to relieve themselves on stone rather than grass..poor girls..ha! Let's just hope that old dogs can learn new tricks. Lola

Lola,

Well if my husband is any indication there is hope for old dogs. Hope your guys adapt( you could always get a large mat of artificial grass if they seen reluctant.)

I've decided..they can cross their legs forever...and their eyes get more yellow...but..they are going to learn to use stone! Mean mommie that I am!

I am convinced that using Seabourn to handle our bags is the best thing. Anita was very helpful and so we are biting the bullet. There new pricing is very good compared to calling dsl direct big savings with Seabourn. Steve are you doing the same from down under?

I am convinced that using Seabourn to handle our bags is the best thing. Anita was very helpful and so we are biting the bullet. There new pricing is very good compared to calling dsl direct big savings with Seabourn. Steve are you doing the same from down under?

Hi Steve,

We are certainly thinking about it, but only for the excess for the journey home. Does anyone know if we can organise this while on board?

Cheers,

Steve.

What we did in Rio last year we got a box from the front desk of our hotel where stayed at and sent it parcel from Rio took 3 weeks but all was there. And took the insurance. We paid 120.00 U.S. for 70 lbs

When we get off in Dubai I think we will send our excess from the hotel as well for the ship wanted $450.00 for 50 lbs. We are sending two bags to the ship via Seabourn much less to Athens.

Does anyone know if we can organise this while on board?

Cheers,

Steve.

Hi Steve (and Chris),

Yes you can! Just go to the Purser's Office a few days before disembarking and they will take care of everything. I believe it is standard policy now but make certain that each bag you ship home has a different DHL Airwaybill number (after reviewing that your name and address are correct you have to sign the Airwaybill and return to the Purser). This makes tracking your bags easier and you get the full insurance amount for each bag.

Happy Shopping! :D

Hi Steve (and Chris),

Yes you can! Just go to the Purser's Office a few days before disembarking and they will take care of everything. I believe it is standard policy now but make certain that each bag you ship home has a different DHL Airwaybill number (after reviewing that your name and address are correct you have to sign the Airwaybill and return to the Purser). This makes tracking your bags easier and you get the full insurance amount for each bag.

Happy Shopping! :D

Thanks Paul. That's good news. Chris will be very happy as he loves to shop:rolleyes: .

Steve.

Hi Cands, we didnt decide to ship luggage home until halfway through our trip, so as Paul said, just see the Purser about it. They will print off a price list for you showing the different costs for US, Europe or Oz etc.....our luggage only took just over a week from disembarkation to home (Lisbon) and was delivered right to our door! I had been expecting to have to collect it from the airport, Canadians used to have to do that too....but seems we get the door to door service now to!! :D just start saving your pennies though...it aint cheap!! $800 ONE WAY for 2 medium suitcases. :eek:

Hi Cands, we didnt decide to ship luggage home until halfway through our trip, so as Paul said, just see the Purser about it. They will print off a price list for you showing the different costs for US, Europe or Oz etc.....our luggage only took just over a week from disembarkation to home (Lisbon) and was delivered right to our door! I had been expecting to have to collect it from the airport, Canadians used to have to do that too....but seems we get the door to door service now to!! :D just start saving your pennies though...it aint cheap!! $800 ONE WAY for 2 medium suitcases. :eek:

Wow, that's expensive. Hopefully it's cheaper for Singapore - Melbourne (6076km) than it is for Lisbon - Brisbane (18050km the short way:rolleyes: )

Steve.

oh buger....silly old granny....forgot you only had to get your bags from Singapore...should be as cheap as chips from there !! :rolleyes: We are going to look at future cruises that END in Oz...fly one way out with light luggage....shop shop shop during the trip...then arrive home with all the overweight stuff.....lots end in Sydney.....

Archived