internet/phone terminals

sunshade

I was just on Carnival Legend two weeks ago. We had internet access available throughout our entire cruise.....They offered the option of purchasing a time plan at 100 minutes for $55.00, or pay per minute for .75 per minute. They also had wireless cards available for $10.00 per day.

As far as the cell phone service.....We didn't know it at the time, so we didn't do it, but we were told at the Pursers desk that we should have made arrangements with our service provider before we left. We uaually had signal at most ports. I would check with your service provider and find out how much it costs per minute and what you need to do. We were also able to use the phone in our cabin at $6.00 per minute. (eek)

Hope this helps....and you have a wonderful cruise.

I was just on Carnival Legend two weeks ago. We had internet access available throughout our entire cruise.....They offered the option of purchasing a time plan at 100 minutes for $55.00, or pay per minute for .75 per minute. They also had wireless cards available for $10.00 per day.

On shore will definitely be cheaper.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a building about 30 yards from the dock area that has phones. You will have to buy a phone card there, different prices. There were quite a few people waiting, so I just used my cell phone. I was charged by my company about $2.99 per minute even though I had service that covered me out of country. I didn't talk long, just checked in, so it was fine. Check with your company before you leave. I think the ship charges like $6.99 per minute to use the ship phone.

We just got back from our cruise and we found a place that has free phone and internet service in Caymen. :) I had heard about this place but never thought I would find it. There is a 5 minute limit on the phone calls but it was just enough time to check in and see how our little one was doing and find out how bad the weather was back home. It wasn't busy at all. We only waited about 5 minutes or so for our turn. I phoned my Mom, who was watching our little girl, and my hubby phoned his mom.

It was just on the other side of the street from where the tender comes in. I can't remember the name of the store but you had to go up some stairs and it was a t-shirt outlet. You can't miss it, as there is advertising for the t-shirts and such all over the top of the building. It doesn't advertise the free services though.;)

Archived