Celebrity refused to sell us a transfer.

Schplinky

On the weekend, some of you will recall that I was asking about reasonably priced transportation to the port of Miami from Fort Lauderdale Airport. I called Celebrity to ask about the price of the transfer ($28 each way) and she said she needed to check to see if I qualify. I told he we arrive the evening before but were staying at an airport hotel and would return to the airport for the transfer. She said that unfortunately, their rule is that we have t arrive that day between 10 and 1:30. How dumb is that exactly? I told he I could just say I was arriving then and return to the airport at that time but she said I had to be confirmed on a flight arriving in that time frame in order to be "allowed" to buy a transfer.

In the end, Sue L here showed me how the airport transfer is only $18, so we'll be doing that.

I've known people who come in the day before to just pick a flight coming in the day of and use that info with the cruise line to get a transfer day of.

We used Go Shuttle from FLL to the port and it was easy and quick. Only waited about 15-20 minutes for our ride to Miami. And for $18.00, it's definitely a bargain. :)

http://www.floridalimo.com

Lee & Mike,

Bill, Nancy, Cathy & I used the floridalimo.com when we came for the Liberty pre-inaugural, and Bill and I used it in December to go from a hotel in Miami to the pier in FLL. It was $18 pp (plus tip), and we thought it worth the price. The vans were clean, cool, and the driver was fine. Would use them again.

I see you guys are doing the Century in April. We'll try to keep it in good shape for you, as we're doing the 5 night March 31st. Can't wait to go back to Irish Kevin's in KW!

Rita

On the weekend, some of you will recall that I was asking about reasonably priced transportation to the port of Miami from Fort Lauderdale Airport. I called Celebrity to ask about the price of the transfer ($28 each way) and she said she needed to check to see if I qualify. I told he we arrive the evening before but were staying at an airport hotel and would return to the airport for the transfer. She said that unfortunately, their rule is that we have t arrive that day between 10 and 1:30. How dumb is that exactly? I told he I could just say I was arriving then and return to the airport at that time but she said I had to be confirmed on a flight arriving in that time frame in order to be "allowed" to buy a transfer.

In the end, Sue L here showed me how the airport transfer is only $18, so we'll be doing that.

I don't know if Celebrity has changed its policy in recent years but when we took our Cruise to Alaska on Inifnity in 2001, we puchased our air through them with a deviation fee and booked a flight that arrived in Vancouver a few days before the cruise. Our cruise docs included the airline tickets, as well as a transfer, so they obviously knew when we were arriving. At the time, I was told that as long as we went back to the airport on the morning of our cruise, we could use that transfer to the ship. Since we stayed at a hotel that was near the airport, that was what we did.

A couple of years ago, we were on an Alaskan cruise. We disembarked in Seward and wanted to take the Celebrity transfer to Anchorage, although we weren't flying out for another two weeks (we were picking up a motor home right outside the airport for a 2 week adventure). The first tiem I called, they couldn't help me, but I called back (and got another customer rep) and she said to simply give her a flight number that left that day around the same time that we wanted to go the airport and they sold us the transfer. Worked for us! You might give it a try.

Archived