Information on the Gamboa Shore Excursion

mauiedin87

We just found out that one stop on our April 21, 19-day Island Princess Canal Cruise has been changed and that we'll be at Puerto Amador for a full 12 hours, as opposed to the previously announced 4 hours. So this allows plenty of time for a shore excursion and the Aerial Tram in the Gamboa National Park interests us. Has anyone taken this excursion and how would you rate it? How would you describe it? We appreciate your input!:)

I've searched under Panama Canal and can't find the information I'd like.

We just found out that one stop on our April 21, 19-day Island Princess Canal Cruise has been changed and that we'll be at Puerto Amador for a full 12 hours, as opposed to the previously announced 4 hours. So this allows plenty of time for a shore excursion and the Aerial Tram in the Gamboa National Park interests us. Has anyone taken this excursion and how would you rate it? How would you describe it? We appreciate your input!:)

Panama Canal: Fuerte Amador, Panama (for Panama City)

Panama's Rain Forest Aerial Tram

Travel to Gamboa Rain Forest Resort, tour the exhibits, and take an aerial tram ride through the rain forest canopy.

WHAT YOU VISIT

Board your air-conditioned transportation for the approximately 30-minute drive to Gamboa Rain Forest Resort. Enjoy ample time to explore the many exhibits devoted to the forest eco-system, including the orchid garden, butterfly display, and serpentarium. Board your aerial tram for the approximately 20-minute ascent through the forest canopy as your guide provides narration. At the top, take an optional walk to the observation platform for views of the jungle and the canal. After your return ride, enjoy a picnic-style lunch before returning to the ship.

SPECIAL NOTES

Wear loose, comfortable clothing and sturdy walking shoes. Bring a hat, rain gear, camera and binoculars.

*** PLEASE NOTE: THIS TOUR IS ONLY AVAILABLE ON VOYAGE 9809 & 2810 ***

http://www.princess.com/learn/shorex/shorexdisplay.jsp

Oh, boy. I get into trouble badmouthing someplace others thought was the highlight of their cruise. We did the Gamboa tour last year. The aerial tram ride was great! But take an aerial tram ride in another port if one is offerred. The rest of the Gamboa tour of the (very few) orchids, the (very few) butterflies, and the snake place were extremely disappointing. I just cannot recommend it. Remember, this is opinion only. Others might have loved it.

Archived