Costa Med dep 3/1/08 - share a taxi to Casa Del Mar?

NiceFLGuy

Like all y'all (plural of y'all :D), I am SO happy the Cruise Critic boards are here. After reading many posts about beautiful Bayahibe beach, we have decided to forgo the Costa excursions to Catalina Island or Bayahibe beach that pretty much includes the ride there and cocktails (no biggie for us teetotalers).:rolleyes:

So, we are going to take a private taxi to Casa Del Mar, buy two day passes, and enjoy the food, pool, service, beach, and bathrooms! :eek: Is anyone interested in sharing the taxi ride there? Based on the most recent CC posts I’ve seen, I am expecting it to cost around $55 r/t with the guy waiting there for two hours for the return trip. I’m thinking we would want him to wait around an additional hour so it could cost maybe $10 more. I agree with some of the posts I've read that I'd rather give $55 to a Dominican than to Costa (even if it costs me a few Costa Club points).;)

Details: We are on the Costa Mediterranea Eastern Caribbean cruise that departs Ft Lauderdale on 3/1/08 (only 22 more days!!). :D We will be at La Romana (DR) on Wednesday, March 5th.

Archived