Celebrity's Miraflores Locks and Observation Center Excursion

stillcruisin'

Has anyone done this excursion? What did you like or not like about it? How long is the travel time to and from the destination? Is it a guided tour once you are there, or are you on your own for the exhibits and displays? How long are you there? We're looking to do this excursion to get an overview of the Panama Canal and a good look at it in operation. Would this be the best tour for this? If not, what would be? Thanks in advance for your responses!

I have done a tour that included the Observation Center. Our ship docked in Amador and I took a general city tour that included the old part of the city of Panama New area , the old American base and many other interesting things. The tour lasted 5 hours but it was one of the more interesting tours I have taken. I usually don't take the ships tours but after 6 trips thru the canal this was the first time we docked at a place where we could get into Panama City. Where are you docking and what ship are yu on? Bev

We'll be on the Connie and docking in Cristobal Pier. I keep hearing good things about the Gatun Locks or a ferry ride or something, but I like the idea of the observation center because I'm thinking it will explain some of the history and the workings of the Panama Canal. What did you like about the observaion center?

Archived