does NCL offer military discounts?

secretkobe

We cruised with NCL last March for my husband's R&R while serving in Iraq and we were told they didn't have military discounts. Our agent looked into it and she said that only a couple cruislines offer military discounts, but she said that even with the discount, you could still get a cheaper rate without it.

good luck!

Yes, NCL does offer a military discount, but not on every sailing.

When you're looking at the booking engine on ncl.com, IF there is a military discount available on your sailing you would find that by typing PGMR in the program code box on the page where you select the number of travelers and their ages and your departure city.

There are also a number of online TAs that show the military discount, but unfortunately I can't post any links to them for you here. :(

NCL military discount applies to Canadian military as well. That being said, I was first told by an NCL agent that it did not. I was persistent and called back and talked to a more knowledgeable NCL agent. Email MilitaryDesk@ncl.com and they will send you the form. In the end, the rate with military discount was a little more expensive than the rate I got through my TA. Probably due to time delay between booking cruise and requesting military discount.

Cruised with Princess last year and got a $150 discount per ticket - $600 saving overall;)

We got the best military discount we've ever had on NCL, 50% of what our non-military friends using the same travel agency for the same cruise were able to get. As others have said- they are not always available or as good. I usually search by calling the cruise line and checking an online cruise agent who has a box you check for military discount.

Carnival also offers military discounts- our best deal there was a balcony for the same price as our friend (who used a past guest rate) got an inside for. Carnival sometimes does a friend and family rate that allows you to book up to 2 extra cabins with a military discount.

Archived