Scuba certification on Norwegian

landj4always

I would suggest doing your poolwork and book work at home with the local dive shop prior to going on your cruise. Then on your cruise you will take your dives that will give you a referral for your certification.

I've never seen a cruise line do dive instruction in a ship pool. Not to say it doesnt happen.

There is a lot of studying to get certified. Not something you'd want to do on vacation.....trust me...I learned the hard way.

NCL does not offer certification. However, you should check out RCL. The eagle class ship at one time did offer certification. Class and pool time on the ship on sea days, then you open water cert while in port. Check it out, they might still be offering the option. More pricey than doing it at home, but for some it is the only time to take it in. Good luck and have fun.

Jingle

I would suggest doing your poolwork and book work at home with the local dive shop prior to going on your cruise. Then on your cruise you will take your dives that will give you a referral for your certification.

I've never seen a cruise line do dive instruction in a ship pool. Not to say it doesnt happen.

There is a lot of studying to get certified. Not something you'd want to do on vacation.....trust me...I learned the hard way.

I agree 110%. You don't want to spend your vacation with your head in a book and working out dive tables. Do the bookwork at home in anticipation of your trip. The only problem I see is getting in all your dives with one operator, as it takes at least 2 days (with the same operator) to get in all 4 cert dives. Maybe the best solution is to fly in to your embarkation port a few says early and getting your dives in there before you cruise.

Robin

I agree 110%. You don't want to spend your vacation with your head in a book and working out dive tables. Do the bookwork at home in anticipation of your trip. The only problem I see is getting in all your dives with one operator, as it takes at least 2 days (with the same operator) to get in all 4 cert dives. Maybe the best solution is to fly in to your embarkation port a few says early and getting your dives in there before you cruise.

Robin

Good advice. Most people don't understand the amount of time it takes doing the bookwork....much less the pool work. Its fun....just time consuming.

I spent my vacation studying to get certified years ago. I wish I had done it prior to my trip.

Archived