Good Knock off Purses on Western Caribbean Cruise

eclipsethecat

Ok, I've been watching this thread, as I know there is someone out there who will totally flame you on this....not your fault, it's just a touchy subject to someone out there. (I'll probably get it myself for telling you this...but hey, who cares?)

Anyway, Mexico is a great place to find knock-off anything! I found a "Chanel" purse last year for $25, you can barter with them too and get the price lower. This particular purse was in Cozumel, but we saw more knock-offs in Costa Maya as well.

If you want to see the particular flaming post I am talking about, go to http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=681653&highlight=designer+inspired

there are other links inside the post.

Have fun and good luck on your hunt!:D

Funny thing about knock-off's is the old rule still applies “that you get what you pay for” and the quality of the knock-off is determined by how much time you are willing to spend looking for it.

They can be had at any port in Mexico. On the street, all you will find is the crap and in the nicer shops it will be hard to tell the real from the fake. That’s where your ability to haggle comes in.

I do not condone this practice but am only answering the question.

Thanks everyone for the replys- I honestly didnt think it would be a problem lover of H20-I guess I am too naive! I don't think people should be chastized though for asking questions.

So I'll explain why I want one for those who are judgemental- you can do with it what you want: I can't afford a real one and want to give it to my 15 year old sister for her birthday (who doesn't need a real one anyways,) who goes to school where it is really "cool" to have one. As I'm sure you have all gone through high school you'll understand. Plus she wants just that for her birthday. Not a car, not a cell phone but a purse.

My mom is a single mother who can't buy her a purse she wants (she hasn't asked my mom for it from her,and my sister has a job to help pay for things around the house, like toliet paper and food) and I pay my own way through college.

So to dan, mark and umpalumpa, thank you, but I know what I am paying for, a bag for a 15 year old. I am currently finishing graduate school (paid for on my own graduate and undergraduate degrees,) work 40 hours a week and carry a full credit load, and can't afford a $500 bag- if I did I would get rid of my 11 year old car.

Any other good suggestions would be appreciated, and I hope you all enjoy your real bags and extra money and helping those poor companies that sell luxury goods- because if you took an economics class you would know they aren't suffering from a 15 year old having a fake bag.

Thanks everyone for the replys- I honestly didnt think it would be a problem lover of H20-I guess I am too naive! I don't think people should be chastized though for asking questions.

So I'll explain why I want one for those who are judgemental- you can do with it what you want: I can't afford a real one and want to give it to my 15 year old sister for her birthday (who doesn't need a real one anyways,) who goes to school where it is really "cool" to have one. As I'm sure you have all gone through high school you'll understand. Plus she wants just that for her birthday. Not a car, not a cell phone but a purse.

My mom is a single mother who can't buy her a purse she wants (she hasn't asked my mom for it from her,and my sister has a job to help pay for things around the house, like toliet paper and food) and I pay my own way through college.

So to dan, mark and umpalumpa, thank you, but I know what I am paying for, a bag for a 15 year old. I am currently finishing graduate school (paid for on my own graduate and undergraduate degrees,) work 40 hours a week and carry a full credit load, and can't afford a $500 bag- if I did I would get rid of my 11 year old car.

Any other good suggestions would be appreciated, and I hope you all enjoy your real bags and extra money and helping those poor companies that sell luxury goods- because if you took an economics class you would know they aren't suffering from a 15 year old having a fake bag.

Hehe...Well said.:)

Hehe...Well said.:)

Woohoo your username is good. Me-ow :)

Not being rude, just making a funny :) I completely understand the designer purse for the 15 year old thing -- it's amazing that high school girls are worried about designer labels now and while a less expensive Coach purse I can understand, it's the teenage girls carrying the real Louis Vuittons? I just don't get it, and it sucks for those girls who see the other girls carrying it and feel bad about themselves because they can't afford it. But, to each their own.

I've been out of high school just shy of 10 years and things have changed A LOT. I didn't get my first designer purse until college, because I didn't think much of it. It wasn't important back then but boy is it nowadays! Funny how everything evolves.

If you do find one make sure the label will stay on the purse longer than it takes to get back to the ship. I had a friend buy a 'Kate Spade' bag in Nassau and when she took the purse out of the bag once onboard ship the 'KS' label on the outside had fallen off with no way to get it back on but to super glue it.

I don't condone buying them but if that's all your little sister wants then make her happy and buy her one. Just don't get greedy and buy a bunch to bring back, customs will confiscate them if you bring back too many.

JMHO

Cruisefan- thanks :) My cats name is Eclipse- he is black as night! He doesn't want a fake purse, but would like to argue with these cynical people about cats rights and how he should be allowed to cruise. He would just love the sun! ;)

About the changes in high school- know- I am only in my early twenties, and so much has changed since I have been in high school- she goes to school by California, so a lot of her friends are "Cali girls." I feel so bad that she can't have a nice car, a real purse whatever, so I do what I can with what I can- she asked me for the bag when I told her I was going on the cruise- (it is a gift for myself as I have never been on a spring break trip- just stayed home and worked! in the last six years I have been in school!) and I thought what a sweet girl- not even asking for a real one, but instead one that she could have to feel a little better about not being rich. She is very mature and knows that money isn't what matters, but having the bag would be fun for her either way!

Don't worry I am not going to fund my college loan payments selling fake bags, so everyone can rest peacefully at night! :)

Cruisefan- thanks :) My cats name is Eclipse- he is black as night! He doesn't want a fake purse, but would like to argue with these cynical people about cats rights and how he should be allowed to cruise. He would just love the sun! ;)

About the changes in high school- know- I am only in my early twenties, and so much has changed since I have been in high school- she goes to school by California, so a lot of her friends are "Cali girls." I feel so bad that she can't have a nice car, a real purse whatever, so I do what I can with what I can- she asked me for the bag when I told her I was going on the cruise- (it is a gift for myself as I have never been on a spring break trip- just stayed home and worked! in the last six years I have been in school!) and I thought what a sweet girl- not even asking for a real one, but instead one that she could have to feel a little better about not being rich. She is very mature and knows that money isn't what matters, but having the bag would be fun for her either way!

Don't worry I am not going to fund my college loan payments selling fake bags, so everyone can rest peacefully at night! :)

I bought the "Chanel" as a gift for my 5 year old! She saw one in a mag and said, "Oh Mommy, I have to have that!"....so, as a little gift I bought it for her. Heaven only knows where it is now....thank GOD it was not real!!!:D

When my DD was 12 we bought her a "Prada" off a guy on a NYC street. Same thing as you, God knows where and what shape its was in a month later.

The knockoffs are cute for the young girls who want them cause they are the in thing. But they aren't that great a quality.

When my DD was 12 we bought her a "Prada" off a guy on a NYC street. Same thing as you, God knows where and what shape its was in a month later.

The knockoffs are cute for the young girls who want them cause they are the in thing. But they aren't that great a quality.

Exactly!

Now, if I could just find my dd a knock-off Jaguar for her 16th birthday (She's given me an 11 year heads up!....Was I just stupid as a child or what? I wanted a dang Barbie!)

Your sister sounds like a very sweet girl . You sound like a very caring and responcible young lady and I commend you on how hard you work and try to help out your family.

Everyone deserves to have something a little special once in a while. Buy your sister the bag and let her enjoy it.

No its not the price of the bag or the designer label that makes you a better person, but at your sisters age it means a lot.

Enjoy your cruise :)

Exactly!

Now, if I could just find my dd a knock-off Jaguar for her 16th birthday (She's given me an 11 year heads up!....Was I just stupid as a child or what? I wanted a dang Barbie!)

Well it doesn't help that my DD (The Princess) sees that her mother(The Queen) and her Grandmother (The Dowager Empress) all have "The Real McCoys" .

Of course they have something she doesn't .........A schmuck of a husband to buy them for her . *LOL* :) :) :)

Well it doesn't help that my DD (The Princess) sees that her mother(The Queen) and her Grandmother (The Dowager Empress) all have "The Real McCoys" .

Of course they have something she doesn't .........A schmuck of a husband to buy them for her . *LOL* :) :) :)

LOL!!:D

Has anyone found a good port on the Western Caribbean Cruise with the Legend that has good fake purses? Any help would be appreciated!:o

I found a couple GREAT ones in Belize... Bought them, Love'em carry one everyday and haven't had any problems with them. Bought them 2 years ago. Nobody can tell the difference! I really love mine - so shoot me!

I buy the fake bags too!!! And as for those poor designers they will get over it infact they don't even know I bought a fake one!!! Oh NO!!!! I'm glad that you are a caring sister to do this. I would rather take a gift from the heart that doesn't cost much then something that cost so much that you have to scrimp for living expenses for the next month. And beside I don't carry my bag long enough to have someone wonder if its fake or real. in fact my DD has a designer bag she bought herself but last night she asked where my $5 bag was because she liked it better. Isn't that just amazing!!!

Thank you to everyone for the great suggestions- they are really appreciated! I am so excited about going on this cruise (first time ever!) and the kind replies were appreciated- I'll let you know what I end up getting- and then my sister will have to wait until May to find out! :)

I found a couple GREAT ones in Belize... Bought them, Love'em carry one everyday and haven't had any problems with them. Bought them 2 years ago. Nobody can tell the difference! I really love mine - so shoot me!

where in belize did you find them...will be there in 2 weeks//would love to know...

Eclipse, I totally know where you are coming from! My DD 16 won't even carry a purse (here in NM it's the thing to carry a guys wallet). But sunglasses? Don't get me started. On our Legend cruise last summer she was thrilled to buy fake Oakleys in Grand Cayman 2 /$15. Even had the little pouch bag. Looked REALLY good next to my DS real Oakleys Just didn't feel the same. She bought herself 2 pairs, 1 of which was LOST before we made it back to NM. No clue what she did with the other pair, but by the time school started it was gone too. She works & could have bought herself real ones, but knew she would lose or break them!

Kudos to you!! Have a wonderful cruise!!

Archived