Road To Hana.........Tour Company?

COASTERBOB

We (4 couples) will be in Maui on 9/10 (POA cruise). We want to use a tour company for the "Road the Hana". Any reccomendations? WE would prefer a smaller, more personalized company if possible. Thanks, Bob

We went with Temptation Tours in February and really enjoyed it. A bit on the expensive side but they only take 8 people in each of their luxury vans. We bought our tickets at an Hawaii discount site like, Barefoot Tours, and saved quit a bit of money.

They pick you up, give a glass of juice and a muffin before leaving, then a nice picnic lunch on the beach in Hana. Lots of free non-alcoholic drinks along the way.

http://www.temptationtours.com/home3.lasso

'89 Commodore/Caribe I

'92 NCL/Westward

'96 NCL/Seaward

'99 RCI/Rhapsody Of The Seas

'00 RCI/Legend Of The Seas

'01 Princess/Ocean Princess

'02 RCI/Vision Of The Seas

'03 Princess/Sea Princess, back-to-back

'03 Princess/Sea Princess

'04 Hawaii, 2 weeks on land

TAHITIAN PRINCESS 02/11/05

We also did the Temptation tour a few years ago and would do it again. We did the helicopter/luxury van tour. I think it is the Hana Skytrek. Our only regret was that we wished it was longer! Our tour guide was great-pointed out all the famous houses/landmarks-great local stories. We stopped at a waterfall to go swimming and went to a small roadside stand for wonderful ice cream. It was a bit pricey but worth every penny. I had found the company through the AAA Hawaii brochure so I felt really confident choosing them for the tour.

Norwegian Spirit Aug '04

Norwegian Sun April '03

We are thinking of using this company when we are on Maui this November. What type of vehicle did they use(a van or bus) and how many people were in your tour? We are hoping to do the Old Lahaina Luau also so I'm wondering what time you got back from the tour and is there time to get to the luaua or will the driver drop you off there? Thanks for any help!

Next Cruise: Celebrity Infinity to Hawaii! 11/25/04

We had a van like the one pictured on the website. It was very nice. I can't remember how many it held-I think there were 6 of us plus the driver. I remember getting back late from our tour-and I don't remember what time we had to be at the luau. I would check with them to see what time the tour ends.

Norwegian Spirit Aug '04

Norwegian Sun April '03

I don't remember what time we got back, but I think the driver will drop you about anywhere that's reasonable.

We also had a van like the one pictured on the website. There were 8 of us, which is the maximum capacity, and we were very comfortable.

'89 Commodore/Caribe I

'92 NCL/Westward

'96 NCL/Seaward

'99 RCI/Rhapsody Of The Seas

'00 RCI/Legend Of The Seas

'01 Princess/Ocean Princess

'02 RCI/Vision Of The Seas

'03 Princess/Sea Princess, back-to-back

'03 Princess/Sea Princess

'04 Hawaii, 2 weeks on land

TAHITIAN PRINCESS 02/11/05

Thanks for the quick replies! That's what I was hoping to hear-a van with 6 people plus a driver. I'll ask about times when I call them. It really is great to have friendly people help with the planning. Thanks again! icon_smile.gif

Next Cruise: Celebrity Infinity to Hawaii! 11/25/04

I don't see where Temptation Tours will pick you up at the pier, how did you get there?

Also Serenade tenders in Maui which creates another problem. How can I be sure to get off the ship in time to make this tour? I understand tours booked through the cruise line disembark first.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
We (4 couples) will be in Maui on 9/10 (POA cruise). We want to use a tour company for the "Road the Hana". Any reccomendations? WE would prefer a smaller, more personalized company if possible. Thanks, Bob

We were on Ekahi Tours last year and had a great time. Iwi was our

driver and he was great! He is Maori, builds canoes, and offers

plenty of his cultural knowledge.

Hope this helps.

Archived