Changing Port Times

inai

Has anyone experienced Cunard changing port times from the printed brochure and the personalizer port times (each one stated a different time). Now Cunard cut back the times in port. This happened to us (3/24/08).

I'm sure some people have already booked private excursions. Now they are stuck.

Just wondering if Cunard compensates for their mixup.

How did you find out that they changed the port times?

A CC member called Cunard. Also, just received my final docs and itinerary times were changed. Not only were port times changed but they removed Costa Rica and added Barbados. We booked this cruise because we always wanted to see Costa Rica.:( We are sailing 3/24/08 13 day QM2.

Has anyone experienced Cunard changing port times from the printed brochure and the personalizer port times (each one stated a different time). Now Cunard cut back the times in port. This happened to us (3/24/08).

I'm sure some people have already booked private excursions. Now they are stuck.

Just wondering if Cunard compensates for their mixup.

If you are aware that the port times have in fact changed, you should still have time to cancel your privately booked excursion. I generally book most of my own excursions and have always been able to cancel with a full refund prior to sailing. However, you are always at risk in booking private excursions because ports are sometimes cancelled when seas are rough and the ship can not make the port--in these instances you are out of luck and the cruise line has no responsibility for your loss.

And like in life, nothing is guaranteed; this is especially true of travel--things are subject to change and the contract with the carrier states this very clearly.

Bettie

The change in itinerary for the 3/24 sailing was done some time ago. It had been discussed in a prior thread. As a general rule, when one port is substituted for another, there is no compensation.

On our Dec cruise on QE2, there was a port change. It showed up on the voyage personalizer but not the documents. Or maybe it was the other way around. It caused some confusion because we had conflicting information. Cunard should do a better job of contracting pax when there's a change in the itinerary. As Bettie said, if you find out before you sail, you can change your private arrangements.

If you don't want port changes, better not sail with me. I think I'm jinxed. It has happened to me a number of times--missed Sydney NS, Newport RI (twice), a one-day stop in Bermuda, Hamburg, maybe others. I think the funniest one was on a Panama Canal cruise. The day before we were due to go to Cartegena [sp?], they announced that we would go to Curacao instead. The reason was "unrest in Columbia." I know I'm giving away my age here, but my first thought when I heard that was the student sit-in at Columbia U in NYC.

Archived