Question about the passenger talent show

carribeansol

Is there a minimum age to preform?

We have sailed 2 times on Costa and have never seen children in the talent show on toga night. Friends are sailing with us on 4/5 and wanted to know if their 8 year old daughter could sing in it. She is VERY GOOD and not a kid forced to do things. She truly loves to preform. Just want to know if it is possible.

squok club (the childrens program) will have their own talent show in one of the lounges prior to the roman show in the main lounge.

I have never seen a child in the main show but have also never asked the age limitations. Roman Night can be kind of crazy with guests being encouraged to send folks to the lions, don't know if I would want my daughter in front of that crowd no matter how good she is...there will always be someone who boos just because they want to see the lions come out!

Yeah, we know about the kids talent show. Although we have never gone. Roman night has always been fun and we have brought our kids in to watch. Like I said we had never seen children preform in there. I can't imagine anyone ever booing a cute little girl and sending her to the lions.

I do think however they do not let kids up there during that time, but since I did not know for sure, I thought I would ask.

I was busy packing on the last night, but DH and kids went to see the talent show. They said that some of the Costa staff up on the stage on our sailing were rather disrespectful and rude to some of the guests who were performing. they were quite disgusted with the staff involved. Dont think it would be wise to encourage kids to participate in that - it can get rather rowdy.

We have sailed 2 times on Costa and have never seen children in the talent show on toga night. Friends are sailing with us on 4/5 and wanted to know if their 8 year old daughter could sing in it. She is VERY GOOD and not a kid forced to do things. She truly loves to preform. Just want to know if it is possible.

Never seen any children perform on the passengers talent show, even on European cruises where there is NOT a Toga party night.

Either check with your local Costa customer service or contact the CD as soon as you board, he will be responsible for the show and will probably play caesar as well.

Ron

My daughter was very eager to join the talent show on board the Concordia in the Eastern Med. so signed up for it(she is 14). She wrote down what song she wanted to perform ( "Somewhere that's Green") and they said that they would find the music if she didn't have it with her. When she went to the rehearsal the band were scratching their heads and said they had never heard of it or the Little Shop of Horrors and couldn't therefore play it(frowning at her). They suggested my daughter sang without music but for a large audience in the main theatre this would not have looked good!! They didn't make any effort to help her out and were quite dismissive of her, my daughter was a little upset by their attitude and was glad she didn't take part. No other children took part. The acts that did get through were Italian and French. I think there is a difference in our music culture and as English-speaking people were in the minority on this ship i would not recommend children entering the ship's talent contest. It may be different for Caribbean cruises, just wanted to give you our experience.

My daughter was very eager to join the talent show on board the Concordia in the Eastern Med. so signed up for it(she is 14). She wrote down what song she wanted to perform ( "Somewhere that's Green") and they said that they would find the music if she didn't have it with her. When she went to the rehearsal the band were scratching their heads and said they had never heard of it or the Little Shop of Horrors and couldn't therefore play it(frowning at her). They suggested my daughter sang without music but for a large audience in the main theatre this would not have looked good!! They didn't make any effort to help her out and were quite dismissive of her, my daughter was a little upset by their attitude and was glad she didn't take part. No other children took part. The acts that did get through were Italian and French. I think there is a difference in our music culture and as English-speaking people were in the minority on this ship i would not recommend children entering the ship's talent contest. It may be different for Caribbean cruises, just wanted to give you our experience.

they were likely just getting the point across that kids belong in the kids talent show and made no effort to help her. It would have better to have been upfront with her and directed her to the kids talent show in the first place.

I can honestly say that in all of our cruises I have never seen children or young teens in the final talent show. So it looks like costa may be not the only cruiseline that doesnt have children in the adult talent show (Mind you, the twins that they had singing one night should have been booked for the kids talent show instead of the main theatre IMHO:eek: )

Yes I have seen kids perform. We were on the Magicia last year and three sisters from 8 to 13 played the violins at the adult talent show. they were good and everyone enjoyed them. So the answer is YES at least on the Magica children did preform at the talent show

On the Med. a few years ago there was a boy who performed. He was about 11. He played the piano, was so-so, and the audience got bored pretty quickly and gave him hell.

Personally, I think my kids are cute, and my daughter takes dance lessons. Do I want to see them perform? Not really. I'm pretty tired of their shows, and especially tired of watching all of the other kids that were in the shows with them.

On the Med. a few years ago there was a boy who performed. He was about 11. He played the piano, was so-so, and the audience got bored pretty quickly and gave him hell.

Personally, I think my kids are cute, and my daughter takes dance lessons. Do I want to see them perform? Not really. I'm pretty tired of their shows, and especially tired of watching all of the other kids that were in the shows with them.

Good point. Everyone thinks their kid is the one that breaks the mold and should be heard from:rolleyes: I have sat thru countless recitals for dd (plays piano, guitar and saxaphone and is quite good but Id never slate her for cruise line entertainment. Most people dont pay hard earned money to watch kids perform (that's why they have the kids talent show) But on Costa who knows- I thot the twins they had one night belonged in the kids entertainment section as well:p

Archived