It is called Cyber Bulling........

carribeansol

It is ashame that these boards have taken the turn I see. I mostly lurk unless we are real close or just after a cruise. Lately I see so many attacking each other and the poster. IT IS SAD!

There is so much to learn form these boards but it seems some have started to feel they need to tell others how to write their post, pick on the way someone is dressed, or just attack others instead of post replies to the questions asked. I fianlly went through and acctually read the guidelines to the CC Boards. They do address cyber bullies:

"Cruise Critic is committed to providing an online environment that is free from these types of harassing postings. Please, don't attack another poster or group of posters. Do not harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another member that is unwanted. This means: don't say bad things about them, don't keep sending them unwanted Instant Message notes, don't attack their race, heritage, or their sexual orientation, etc. If you disagree with someone, respond to the subject, not the person. Postings of this nature will be removed from the boards."

If we can treat each other like we want to be treated then these boards can become what I always loved about them.......Answers to questions about our vactions.

HOW ABOUT A LITTLE LOVE FOR ONE ANOTHER!

Amen and amen. Thank you for addressing the downward spiral this site has taken of late. I also am someone who lays just under the surface and respond or post sparingly. For the past several years I have found this site helpful and informative but lately have only found this site troubling. Why can't we just get along, I don't know. What we all have to understand is that we all are different and like and dislike different things. But one thing we all like and do deserve is mutual respect, not personal attacks. Like Bambi's mom said, " If you can't say something good then don't say anything at all."

I'm post like you do. I only post for a few months before a cruise then lurk for the rest of the year. I can definatley tell a difference between last year and this year. If you dare say one bad thing about Carnival you should do so while wearing a flame proof suit. You are instantly attacked, questioned, talked down to, or even accused of lying.

You would think people would want open, honest information on these boards. It's beginning to look like some people want this board to be one giant Carnival advertisement rather than a place to share real information based on real experiences.

I'm post like you do. I only post for a few months before a cruise then lurk for the rest of the year. I can definatley tell a difference between last year and this year. If you dare say one bad thing about Carnival you should do so while wearing a flame proof suit. You are instantly attacked, questioned, talked down to, or even accused of lying.

You would think people would want open, honest information on these boards. It's beginning to look like some people want this board to be one giant Carnival advertisement rather than a place to share real information based on real experiences.

Hey Josh, are you sure you're on the right board:confused: Carnival....who said anything about carnival

I'm talking about Cruise Critic in general. I've been spending a lot of time in the Carnival forums lately.

OK, just wasnt sure ;) And I agree, that sometimes people dont want to hear other people's insights and opinions. I think giving the good and the bad is necessary to help people form their own opinion. But it seems some people only want to hear the good things and consider anything negative as a false report.

I was very surprised that a really obnoxious thread was able to continue recently. I don't see the participation of the hosts on the Costa site that I do on Princess or RCCL. Maybe that would help keep things more civil as they have the ability to yank controversial threads?

I just want info from these boards - I have no interest in the drama.

Maureen

I was very surprised that a really obnoxious thread was able to continue recently. I don't see the participation of the hosts on the Costa site that I do on Princess or RCCL. Maybe that would help keep things more civil as they have the ability to yank controversial threads?

I just want info from these boards - I have no interest in the drama.

Maureen

Actually, they did yank some nasty comments on a recent thread, but left the remainder of the thread intact.

What is really funny about this, is that no one has corrected the OP - it's actually called "cyber bullying" , (not cyber bulling) but I guess no one wanted to come off sounding like a bully:D

I can just never figure out what so many people going on vacation are so cranky about!

Excellent comment! :) Yes, I agree.

I like the differing views on what is best and what people like and dislike on a particular cruise, port, or excursion.

Even when advice/comments do not seem to fit my current preferences, I like the differing views and that actually has helped me expand my own appreciation of certain parts of cruising.

And, the last thing I want is to change people to adopt MY views of cruising. I do NOT want any people come to those quiet out-of-the-way spots on the ship where I read and seldom see another passenger.

Please, everyone stay out by the pool in the day and in the cassinos at night so I can enjoy more quiet on the balcony at night — just be sure to turn your baloney light off! :) [OK, I have my bulletproof vest on and am heading for my muster station to hide.]

It is just I don't like people ripping others apart because they disagree or hold them to their standards.

The day I wrote this I was reading post about Jedi's wife and how she dressed, posters giving someone a hard time about ALL caps, and the whole discussion about the security on board. It was dishearting to see posters attack other. It was more than just giving their opinion or trying to help. The post I read where people calling each other names because they had different view points. Then others sticky up for them.

I for one love to be sarcastic, I can take a good joke and laugh, but what I was reading last sunday was none of that. It was people putting others down for how they felt.

I guess I am senstive to that stuff. I am a teacher and yes I can't spell worth anything! I DO NOT TEACH LANGUAGE ARTS!!!!! I deal with that stuff from my middle schoolers everyday and HATE seeing it from whom I believe are adults.

I love CRUISING and these BOARDS. I hated what I was seeing happening.

I for one love to be sarcastic, I can take a good joke and laugh, but what I was reading last sunday was none of that. It was people putting others down for how they felt.

I love CRUISING and these BOARDS. I hated what I was seeing happening.

Yes, that bothers me too. People have such different backgrounds and experiences.

Moreover, their current situation of age, health, family life, and income are just a few of the reasons and unknowns that make criticizing how others feel an activity that can cause great hurt.

Many people live hidden heroic lives, deserving our admiration — if we only knew what they have been through. I also see a lot of kindness and good grace on these boards too.

But nevertheless, your point is well taken. As an old Indian saying goes: "Don’t criticize another until you have cruised a mile on their ship." Actually, if the other person is also paying for the cruise, that would not be a bad deal at all...... and now the saying makes a lot of sense! :)

Archived