Can you advise?

yiddishkopf

I have received excellent help from this thread -- for instance, just a day or two ago, I received an order from Pacsafe, the company that makes purses, back packs etc. that are difficult to steal because of steel cables in the straps and steel mesh in the outer covering. I read about pacsafe on this thread.

Does anyone know of a cell phone case that can be locked? I work as a substitute teacher in the Chicago Public High Schools. Mea Culpa - I had a cell phone stolen last week. I made a terrible mistake -- I turned my back on my tote bag with all my materials. I had the phone in a case clipped to one of the handles, but it was easy to open. At least the little thief was smart enough to also take the cord to recharge the phone!

The only money I take into the school is in my ID holder which I wear around my neck.

My only revenge on the stolen cell phone is that I left many messages on the phone saying: "Where is my phone you little thief"

I welcome your suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...
I have received excellent help from this thread -- for instance, just a day or two ago, I received an order from Pacsafe, the company that makes purses, back packs etc. that are difficult to steal because of steel cables in the straps and steel mesh in the outer covering. I read about pacsafe on this thread.

Does anyone know of a cell phone case that can be locked? I work as a substitute teacher in the Chicago Public High Schools. Mea Culpa - I had a cell phone stolen last week. I made a terrible mistake -- I turned my back on my tote bag with all my materials. I had the phone in a case clipped to one of the handles, but it was easy to open. At least the little thief was smart enough to also take the cord to recharge the phone!

The only money I take into the school is in my ID holder which I wear around my neck.

My only revenge on the stolen cell phone is that I left many messages on the phone saying: "Where is my phone you little thief"

I welcome your suggestions.

Many cell phones have option of setting up a passcode to "unlock" the keypad. No incoming or outgoing calls can be made w/o entering the code. Also, as soon as your phone is lost, you should call your cell phone company's customer care dept. You can have the phone shut off, as well as have it traced to find out where the last calls were made to/from, which might actually help you locate the phone. Good luck.

Archived