cigar smoking on Constellation

psheik

Michael's club is advertised as a cigar bar on the Constellation. Is this true or is it a piano bar like the other celebrity ships?

Only place to smoke a cigar is deck 10 aft port side - after 8pm

And actually it is nice sitting out there, glass of port and having the smoke pulled away from you - Now if they could get a better musician - that would be awesome

We just got back from the Millennium and the stated policy on cigars and pipes was as discussed above. The policy was ignored, and there was little or no enforcement. That was great for the cigar smokers, but did little for the enjoyment of the rest of us. Before I get flamed, I smoke cigarettes,but do it in the designated areas and try not to bother others. This cruise was by far the worst we have been on as far as the disregard to the smoking policy.

One reason I did not take a balcony on my upcoming Constellation cruise was that my last balcony was constantly engulfed in cigar and cigarette smoke. There's nothing like heading out to enjoy your balcony only to have cigar smoke from an upwind balcony ruin the moment.

We were on the Jan 18th sailing on the Constellation. My BIL HAD to have his nightly cigar and glass of scotch so he always went to deck 12 aft i believe. There was a wraparound seat incl table where it was also protected from the wind. That is where he sat each and every nite enjoying his stogie.

One more idea for those who like to indulge.

Hopefully it's only enforced if it's bothering another guest. My DH will have a tainted memory of our cruise if he can't enjoy his cigars!

The following is an EXCERPT from the current Celebrity website FAQs page with answers to the question, "What is your onboard smoking policy?" dated 2008:

"Please note that at no time is cigar and pipe smoking permitted in staterooms/suites or on their verandas."

http://www.celebritycruises.com/befo...me=faq_answers

Your DH can enjoy his cigars where allowed. Your neighbors can enjoy their verandahs because of this policy.

PLEASE DON'T PUT YOUR NEIGHBORS IN THE POSITION OF HAVING TO ASK FOR ENFORCEMENT!!! They shouldn't have to.

Archived