Prescription Drug In Belize?

bellybutton

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a chance of being searched and having the meds you buy in belize confiscated? Just curious, why the ship security would have a problem with it. I understand US Customs would but a cruise ship normally is registered with some foreign country not the US.

• 2 weeks later...

There is nothing illegal about bringing pharmacy items back into the states in reasonable amts.

However, I would do so with caution. As a veteran nurse and one who has shopped these pharmacys all over the world you must be smart in your purchase.

As stated here...they sell generic forms so you must know that name. Also watch that the dose is the same EX; if you take 40MG make sure your buying 40MG. I think overall the drugs are similar to what is dispenced in the US but there is no way of knowing so take that into consideration.

I certainly would not purchase birth control, cardiac, diabetes or seizure meds unless you have no other resources. Its fun to pick up a few things that you need a script for in the states but really unless you have no means for paying for your meds in the states you should think twice.

There is a reason the FDA has regulations and its to keep you safe, what you save here in medication may result in long term effects that cost you a mint down the road. Shop smart and with caution

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DD has no insurance and cannot afford her Advair, which really concerns me. Sure, her albuterol helps, but I don't want her overusing that because the underlying chronic condition isn't being treated because we can't afford the $200+ for a 1-month inhaler. But since there's no generic, looks like we're out of luck. Maybe pick up a couple of albuterol inhalers is the best we can do.

I could use some Imitrex, but don't have a current prescription. I may see what it costs. It isn't a controlled substance, so maybe it wouldn't be taken away from me if I don't have a script bottle.

Been in Belize over a Year and as for my self and friends I have not heard of any meds not doing what is claimed. I have been on Belize Metformin for blood sugar. works fine.....still they are about the same price as Wal Mart would be in the states.

I take a med for migraines that I haven't seen listed. Have you heard of Stadol or the generic form, Butorphanol, being an OTC there? Here, it is $80 per bottle and I use 2-3 per month...quite costly!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Diet pills work just like they do in the US.

But, frankly, they don't work long term in the US. You gain the weight back the minute you quit taking them.

If you are truely overweight/obese, go to Dr. Aceves in Mexicalli, Mexico and have him do a gastric sleeve on you. It will cost you 10,000 one time, and you will be at a normal weight the rest of your life.

Can legal medications be purchased through the internet from the pharmacy in Belize?

You CAN purchase them on the internet from the pharmacy at the port, BUT I would hesitate to if it is for anything but things such as antibiotics because the delivery of narcotics which have not been prescribed to you via U.S. Mail is likely prohibited.

You CAN purchase them on the internet from the pharmacy at the port, BUT I would hesitate to if it is for anything but things such as antibiotics because the delivery of narcotics which have not been prescribed to you via U.S. Mail is likely prohibited.

I've purchased from pharmacy in port, but have heard major issues on ANYthing ordered from same pharmacy via internet.

I always buy my Albuterol for asthman when I am in Mexico...but hear Beilize has some good prices.

They Salbuterol is the same medicine that used to be sold in the US, but becauuse the inhalents are supposedly bad for the enviroment Al Gore got the sale of them stopped in the US. But, they old version works so much better.

With insurance, I normally pay $10 a piece here in the US for the new version. Last trip we were in Calica and went to town and found them for 3 for $20. In Cozumel they sell for $10-$15 each...so much better deal to buy them elsewhere.,

Remeber...Cozumel is an island, so everything is shipped in, so if you have another port meds will probably be cheaper, such as Belize.

Remember...just because you can get some of these drugs (Vicodin, Codiene, Darocet, etc) without a prescription doesn't mean they won't show up on a drug screen. Think about it before you risk your job. If you show positive on a drug screen and don't have a prescription you'll have a major problem.

Does anyone know if Accutane is available in Belize?

Thanks

Don't take Accutane...my girlfriend took it and now has ulcerated colitis and had to have her gall bladder removed. She now lives in fear that she will have a painful ulcer in her colon every day of her life...this is a COMMON side effect...and it took 6 years to manifest...

Can legal medications be purchased through the internet from the pharmacy in Belize?

Not to my knowledge, the pharmacies in Cozumel will not send drugs by mail, either. For 8 years, I have been ordering my prescriptions from http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/ and the prices you see include airmail postage. I have been pleased with them.

Archived