TWE or local coordinator

poohs4me

I have tried to call the TWE people and it does not go through. I have prices from a local wedding coordinator, but do not know what the cruise would charge me so I cannot tell if its good. Regardless, the reason I am posting is because I am concerned that for some reason we will not make it to the port the day of the scheduled wedding. I understand the cruise will make rough alternate plans but with a local coordinator I am out the money and have nothing to show for it. What do you guys think?

If you don't make it to the port the day of your wedding, regardless if you book with TWE or local coordinator you will NOT be married. If you are dealing with a reputible local coordinator they should offere you some kind of hurricane/missed port guarantee.

We went with local coordinator in Ocho Rios. They policy was refund everything but $250, which was the charge they were already out of pocket for the marriage license.

Hi there,

I am sure everyone has their own opinion's on to go with a local coordinator or through TWE. In general, it is my opinion that a local coordinator can get you much more for your money than what TWE offers.

And what you are saying is correct, if you don't go to that island, you run the risk of not being able to get married. In some cases you do have a monetary recourse, but it is different depending on the coordinator.

I also think that it depends on the time of year you plan to cruise (this could potentially impact weather) and where you plan to cruise. For example, any islands where you are tendered on would be more impacted by if they are skipped or not.

In my case, we went through a local planner where I am getting SO much more than TWE. A lot of people get upset about response time etc from TWE, that wasn't my issue with them. I thought they were very responsive. However, I wanted to be able to select a time that I wanted the wedding on the beach at (I wanted Sunset) and I wasn't able to do that.

So, I think, do your homework and it then becomes a personal decision. I say, go for it!!!!

:)

I have tried to call the TWE people and it does not go through. I have prices from a local wedding coordinator, but do not know what the cruise would charge me so I cannot tell if its good. Regardless, the reason I am posting is because I am concerned that for some reason we will not make it to the port the day of the scheduled wedding. I understand the cruise will make rough alternate plans but with a local coordinator I am out the money and have nothing to show for it. What do you guys think?

OMG! Poohs4me! We are sailing on the Voyager at the same time!! We have a great group sailing! Come and meet us all (all 60 of us! :D) on the meet and mingle board for the Voyager April 6, 2008 sailing!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=373054

Cruise Forums - Cruise Message Boards - Cruise Critic > ROLL CALLS - Members Only > ROLL CALLS - Royal Caribbean " Meet & Mingle" > Roll Calls - Voyager of the Seas navbits_finallink.gif Voyager of the Seas April 6, 2008

Archived