2009 Brides!

mara93

Has anyone out there ever done a vow renewal on a cruise ship? How do they work? My husband and I are trying to do one in Dec. 09 for our 30th anniversary. Anyone with ideas please let us know.:confused: We have 6 kids and their spouses and 11 grandbabies and they all want to be there!!!!!!! :)

Thanks for the help

Tom and Gerry

Congrats to all the 2009 Brides!!

At the moment our plan is to cruise on RCI Grandeur of the Seas to Bermuda Septemer 5, 2009. The ceremony will be on the island on September 8th. :D I need to begin my search for a ceremony site. valgaljca and bermuda09 looks like we all have the same plans!!

We meet with the travel agent tomorrow to get everything going, hopefully we can book the cruise soon!

We have booked our cruise for April 2009 on Carnival Valor. We are looking at places in Grand Cayman, but haven't made any decisions yet. Anybody look into private planner doing a beach wedding? I look forward to all the great information on this board!

Hello to all 2009 brides. I've been searching forums and doing alot of research in regards to Cruise Weddings. We have not booked yet but have been looking into CCL- Ship Glory out of Port Canarveral. There will be aprox 40 guest that we will be transporting down from Ocala by a party bus- we have no sailing guest as of now. FH doesn't really want I do only so they can take some other pics just in case we are not satisfied with the photos the CL takes.

Well good luck to you all and I will make sure to update you with any suggestions or concerns I may have.

Oh, Ive found the perfect dress...Have you?

Hello to all 2009 brides. I've been searching forums and doing alot of research in regards to Cruise Weddings. We have not booked yet but have been looking into CCL- Ship Glory out of Port Canarveral. There will be aprox 40 guest that we will be transporting down from Ocala by a party bus- we have no sailing guest as of now. FH doesn't really want I do only so they can take some other pics just in case we are not satisfied with the photos the CL takes.

Well good luck to you all and I will make sure to update you with any suggestions or concerns I may have.

Oh, Ive found the perfect dress...Have you?

Welcome! I'm in the Tampa area:D We'd love to see your dress:) I have a few more pounds to lose before dress shopping- 56 down and 34 left!

weight.png

Hello to all ~2009~ brides....I've read some not so great forums about pics that are taken by the cruiseship photographers. Being that we are getting Married on the ship at the port, im really concerned. I've thought about hiring a friend that works at a potrait studio as kindof a back up. Any suggestions as to where else I can look.????

Hello to all ~2009~ brides....I've read some not so great forums about pics that are taken by the cruiseship photographers. Being that we are getting Married on the ship at the port, im really concerned. I've thought about hiring a friend that works at a potrait studio as kindof a back up. Any suggestions as to where else I can look.????

I believe TWE does not allow you to bring/hire your own photographer. The only way you could do this is to pretend that this is just a guest at the wedding taking pictures. If your friend acts as though he/she is a hired photographer, they likely won't allow her to take pics. Just be sneaky;)

Hello to All the 2009 Brides!!! Congrats to everyone first and formost. My fiance and I are getting married on the Carnival Destiny on the June 29th, 2009 sailing (which happens to be my birthday YAY!!) We are getting married at sea in the Criterion Lounge on July 1st 2009. So Far I have 120 people who want to attend the sailing!!!! So excited!!!!

Hello to All the 2009 Brides!!! Congrats to everyone first and formost. My fiance and I are getting married on the Carnival Destiny on the June 29th, 2009 sailing (which happens to be my birthday YAY!!) We are getting married at sea in the Criterion Lounge on July 1st 2009. So Far I have 120 people who want to attend the sailing!!!! So excited!!!!

Wow that's neat that you are getting married at sea. How did you work this out with Carnival? Are you getting legally married beforehand and this is a "symbolic" (I hate that word) ceremony? It would be nice if more cruiselines (other than Princess) would allow marriages at sea:)

Hey Jessica... My Wedding Cruise Is Sailing From Bayonne On July 18th 2009.. So Looks Like Im The Cruise After Yours.. Im Using Royal Romance Coordinator... They Are Seem Very Unorganized But Im Hoping For The Best.. Are U Using A Bermuda Based Coordinator?

I didn't work it out with Carnival really. I am not going through the wedding department because I don't want someone telling me when and where my wedding is going to be. I asked a family member to become a Justice of the Peace. ( its very simple these days) and they are going to perform an official ceremony at sea. I'm going through the "Group Planning Department" I requested a certain room, on a certain day at a certain time. I was able to get it :) I'm having a 3 hour reception with open bar, DJ, photographer, videographer, etc. My ceremony is at sunset, and my reception will actually follow after dinner. I wanted my wedding at night and the Wedding Dept, doesn't offer anything but day weddings.

I wish more cruise lines offered it too..the problem is they bring the "officials" on the ship while in port only. They don't have someone registered to do it onboard the ship. Where as Princess has a registered captain to do it.

I didn't work it out with Carnival really. I am not going through the wedding department because I don't want someone telling me when and where my wedding is going to be. I asked a family member to become a Justice of the Peace. ( its very simple these days) and they are going to perform an official ceremony at sea. I'm going through the "Group Planning Department" I requested a certain room, on a certain day at a certain time. I was able to get it :) I'm having a 3 hour reception with open bar, DJ, photographer, videographer, etc. My ceremony is at sunset, and my reception will actually follow after dinner. I wanted my wedding at night and the Wedding Dept, doesn't offer anything but day weddings.

I wish more cruise lines offered it too..the problem is they bring the "officials" on the ship while in port only. They don't have someone registered to do it onboard the ship. Where as Princess has a registered captain to do it.

Good for you!! I am so happy you will get to have everything the way YOU want it, rather than how someone else plans it for you. That is awesome:D Out of curiosity, where will your marriage license be from? Will it be from wherever the ship is registered? I hope more brides follow in your footsteps so that they can have everything the way they want it!

Good for you!! I am so happy you will get to have everything the way YOU want it, rather than how someone else plans it for you. That is awesome:D Out of curiosity, where will your marriage license be from? Will it be from wherever the ship is registered? I hope more brides follow in your footsteps so that they can have everything the way they want it!

Thanks!!! My marriage license will probably be from NY. I havent gotten that far yet. But when I spoke with a WC at Carnival they told me as long as I have an official who can sign the marriage license I can legally get married at sea.

I hope they do too!! I guess being a royal pain pays off.

who did you talk to in planning this wedding? I would love to do the same. my dad is a minister and we have two other ministers in our group.

I spoke with "Group Event planning". The catch is you have to have at least 8 cabins with double occupancy to get the group rate and/or the Group event coordinator. She arranged everything, from the rooms I wanted to the times, food, etc. If your dad can legally marry you I don't see why you couldnt get married at sea.

Archived