"Family-Friendly" rating of The Miracle, Glory or Victory

ols0262

I'm looking for some advice to help choose the best Carnival ship from a "family friendly" perspective. I'm coordinating a family reunion cruise that includes age groups from 5 to seniors. We're looking closely at the Miracle, Glory and Victory. Your feedback and comments on programs, entertainment and ship decor will be helpful in choosing the right ship for our group. I've recently seen some pictures of the statues, themes and decor displayed on the Miracle and would welcome a first-hand perspective from previous Miracle cruisers especially.

Thanks in advance!

One thing that you might want to consider is that if you have relatives who have 3 young children and want to share a room, the Glory will not accommodate 5 in a room. I don't know which class the Miracle and Victory are, but if they are "older" ships, then they will have rooms available for quints. That was the main reason we booked the Triumph, after being disappointed that we'd have to reserve 2 rooms for me, dh, and 3 boys under 10!

Aside from that, I think any Carnival ship will be a great bet for families - regardless of what some cc'rs might say about kids on cruises. I researched a family cruise for over a year before booking Carnival - my only other consideration was Disney, and they were too expensive!

Lisa.

Thanks for making me aware of the room accommodations limitations, I'll need to add that to my list of considerations. It's my understanding that the Victory can accomodate up to a max. of 5 in some standard type cabins.

Can anyone comment specifically on thier experience on the Miracle (decor, themes, progrqams, entertainment)?

Thanks again!

The Victory is the sister ship of the Triumph. I've been on the Victory and the kids had a great time!! The thing that I liked about the Victory was that it had a family hot tub that the kids could go in and enjoy. It also has a covered pool at the back of the ship so if there is bad weather the kids can swim back there. The kids programs were also good.

disneylynn,

The first thing I needed to accept was that Carnival isn't Disney, and I expected that the children's programs wouldn't necessarily measure-up to the experience the kids had previously. My kids were preteen's when we sailed Disney and and in their teens on CCL and RCL. From their perspective, the programs offered were just fine. Overall, it's my opinion that Disney does out distance the others from a 'family-friendly' perspective because everything from accommodations to dining, programs, themes and the ship decor is safe and appropriate for the whole family. Whereas, with CCL you probably want to schedule something other for the youngsters on the evening they have the Las Vegas style show. We only did a 4-night on RCCL, and overall our experience was very positive. Hope this helps!

My concern now, is our group is seriously considering the Miracle and I've seen some photos of certain areas and decor that are concerning. Looking for some who's seen the ship first-hand to give me a perspective.

Thanks!

ols0262,

Went on the Miracle in July and absolutely LOVED it!!! The only negative thing IMO was not enough activities for teens. I have 3 boys 12, 15 & 16 who were a little bored the first few days. They really enjoyed all of the contests (golf putting, basketball, etc.) but there were usually maybe only 2 a day which wasn't enough for them. For some reason the last day at sea was packed with things for them to do. Go figure!

As far as the decor, I know there is a lot of artwork and statues of naked angels but we barely noticed them. I don't think my kids paid attention to it at all. I definately wouldn't let that stop you from sailing the Miracle. It's a great ship!

As another poster mentioned, there are no cabins for 5. We had to get 2 next to each other for the 5 of us. Couldn't even do connecting cabins b/c each of those only sleeps 2. Good luck with your cruise planning!

Jen

Thanks Jen! That's what I was hoping to hear about the decor, that the nudes weren't 'in your face', so to speak. My concern would be that if that type of art is presented in a way that you can't ignore it -- some in our party could be offended, and of course I want everyone to be happy!

Anyone else have any comments or feedback -- sure would like to get your opinion as well.

Thanks again!

We have been on both the Magic, and the Glory. Although the Glory's kids program is slightly more limited (times) than Disneys for the younger kids, they do offer teen activities mostly in the evening in their own club (they kick the little kids out at 10:00.

I traveled the Glory with kids ages 6, 11 and 15 and all seemed to enjoy it.

The older kids always find new friends to hang with anyway.

Punk

Archived