Beaches close to cruise terminal?

hazz24

Last year DH and I went to a beautiful beach that was about 30 min drive from cruise terminal. The beach was wonderful but the drive scared the crap out of me (we almost hit a cow, donkey and a semi truck).

Does anyone know if there is a beach close bye? If so what is the name and about how far? Otherwise I think I will stay on the ship and avoid the dirty town and pushy locals.

Thank You

• 1 month later...

While Runaway Beach is uncrowded, we thought the beach area was very small and somewhat unattractive. The turquoise water was beautiful of course, but the man-made breakwater was ugly. Mixed drinks were overpriced and not very good! Sorry, but no way we would every go back or recommend it. We hit the beach on virtually every island we visit, and this was far from the top. Try other beach!

Those pictures are beautiful! I'm assuming you feel it is a good choice. We are headed there in a week, and I was originally going to head there, but heard some mixed reviews. Did it get really crowded when you were there? There will only be one ship in port the day we are there. We are also interested in renting the jetskis. Any more comments?

We went to Dickinson's Beach which was a lovely spot and shared by the Sandals resort so you know that if it's good enough for Sandals....

We paid 10 dollars for two people to cab there, which seemed fair.

I mistakenly went into the resort to get drinks, it was just a bar on the beach, and when I offered my money they realized I was not a guest of the hotel. I apologized as I had not noticed and I had asked if I could get plastic cups for the beach before ordering. They called the manager who offered me the drinks for free with a promise that if I ever visited Antigua again, I would visit the resort. Very hospitable.

We went to Dickinson's Beach which was a lovely spot and shared by the Sandals resort so you know that if it's good enough for Sandals....

We paid 10 dollars for two people to cab there, which seemed fair.

I mistakenly went into the resort to get drinks, it was just a bar on the beach, and when I offered my money they realized I was not a guest of the hotel. I apologized as I had not noticed and I had asked if I could get plastic cups for the beach before ordering. They called the manager who offered me the drinks for free with a promise that if I ever visited Antigua again, I would visit the resort. Very hospitable.

So, is there a place not associated with Sandals to get drinks and what not?

There are several places to eat and drink on Dickinson. The beach bars that I remember are Tony's, Pete's and the Halcyon Resort. The restaurants other than the beach bars include The Beach and Coconut Grove. There is also a convenience store through the grounds of the timeshare resort.

Karysa

• 5 weeks later...

Archived