Do you purchase trip insurance?

PassionFruit

Do you purchase trip insurance for your vacations now that you have kids?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you purchase trip insurance for your vacations now that you have kids?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

I've read on here in a couple of different posts recently about people whose kids have gotten sick right before they are to leave on their cruise. DH and I never bought trip insurance prior to this cruise, but I feel that now that we have DS, it's too risky NOT to buy trip insurance. One little ear infection that prevents us from flying could cause us to not go! (Also, my grandparents are going on this trip with us which was a deciding factor.) How about you....do you purchase trip insurance now that you have kids?

We haven't needed to cancel yet and have never booked with the insurance option. Perhaps we have just been lucky. Our kids have gotten sick on and prior to trips but never to the extent where we felt it was necessary to cancel.

We purchase trip insurance when we cruise. The cost seems minimal considering what the cost could be if something were to happen at sea or in a foreign port. We don't buy insurance for our land vacations. So, having a kid doesn't really impact our decision to buy insurance.

I do buy trip insurance but not through the cruise line itself. I even bought it for my upcoming (3 days until I sail) cruise which only my DH and I are going on. I figured if DD got sick prior to the trip, we'd have to cancel even though she's not sailing with us, so it was worth the money.

Cruise insurance saved us about a month ago! We were scheduled to go on Jewel of the Seas with our 6 month old and my DH's family. About a month before the trip DS came down with a mild case of RSV and the doctor recommended he not travel on a cruise ship during flu season becuase his immune system would be down for quite awhile. Insurance paid the full amount (they did make us and our doctor jump through hoops) and we are now booked to go in May. Well worth the small cost!!!

Archived