Just back from 5 day Carnival Fantasy cruise

gibsones175

Let me begin by saying I am a second time cruiser , the first being on Norwegian Sun November a year ago, so my expectations on my cruise may not be the same as many of the season cruisers out there.

These are my experiences and observations for the 5 Day Carnival Fantasy cruise.

I traveled with my son age 24 , this was his first cruise experience.

We were driven to the cruise ship terminal and proceeded to check in at 12:30PM. Check in was effortless, the cruise representatives were friendly and efficient. We were on board at 1:00 PM and had our carry on luggage stowed in our stateroom immediately, the only hitch with the check in was the porters at curb side had no carts that would carry hanging bags, they just stacked them up lying down with the checked luggage. We opted to carry on these so as not to have our formal clothes wrinkled.

Compared to Norwegian check in at the same cruise terminal, Carnival's check in procedures were much more effiicient and timely.

Our first few hours on board were spent just exporing the ship and the many venues for entertainment. We had hambugers and hot dogs on the Lido deck by the pool(which was open , but to cool to swim with the temperatures in the 60's , however there were some brave children using the pool prior to departure. Immediately I noticed a distinct difference in the quality of food . Carnivals' hamburgers and hot dogs were hot , freshly cooked and were not sitting under a heat lamp as was the food on the

Norwegian Sun. We enjoyed the meal and continued to expore the ship, having a Fun Ship Cocktail (drink of the day). I must say they do not skimp on the liqour in the drinks on the Fantasy.

When we checked in we noticed that our dinner seating time had been changed from what we requested to a later seating. We went to the Maiter'd when his podium opened and was reassigned to the requested time without a problem. We then proceeded to the Universe Lounge for the life boat drill and instructions. We proceeded from there to the lifeboat stations and them the drill was over and it was time to depart.

So, up to the Lido deck to watch the departure. The band on the Lido deck was playing and the waiters were hawking thier drinks. The band's name was Cool Running, my son and I were not imperssed with thier music, altough it had a great Caribbean sound the presentation was lacking and sort of vanilla, for lack of a better word. Apparently this band was the only that performed by the pool , they were there every day.

Writing this from work, will continue later.

Archived