am i gonna come back darker

flaca

From reading the boards the water temperature seem to be an issue in April for MR, but I love coming back with the vacation tan. Is that not going to be a possibility?????

Unless you have skin that doesn't tan during the summer here in the states -- you will definitely come back with browner skin than when you started.

Don't be fooled by what people report about water temps. It's not the water temps that bring on the tan but the sun reflecting from the water.

Seen many a cruiser who spent weeks or months prior to a cruise in tanning beds and felt they had a good ``base tan'' for a cruise. They lay out on deck a day or two without sun protection and wonder why they look much like the lobster that's being served in the dining room. :)

Dianne

Oops, I did not read the OP's question correctly. The WATER temps will definatly be cold in April but the AIR temps will be in the 80's. Not sure what the water temps have to do with getting a tan though?:confused:

I'm thinking the OP thinks the only way to get a tan is in the water at a beach.

Mex. Riviera sun can give about anyone a tan unless it's cold and rainy very day. I don't tan easily, never go swimming at a beach, yet come back tanned from every MR vacation just from pure sun power.

Dianne

I'm thinking the OP thinks the only way to get a tan is in the water at a beach.

Mex. Riviera sun can give about anyone a tan unless it's cold and rainy very day. I don't tan easily, never go swimming at a beach, yet come back tanned from every MR vacation just from pure sun power.

Dianne

dianne...

this has been a concern of mine...I keep hearing cold water in April but the temps in the MR have been in the mid 80's everytime I check.

So here is my question.....It certainly should be plenty warm enough to enjoy the beach, but in Cabo it may be to cold in the water. And what is to cold....If the sun is hot enough that "cold" water may feel darn good.

I had planned to snorkel in Cabo and have changed my mind, good or bad choice.

About me....Im pretty tolerant to the cold water, as long as my teeth dont chatter Im good. I find that the sun beaming on you usually is enough to keep the chill away

dianne...

this has been a concern of mine...I keep hearing cold water in April but the temps in the MR have been in the mid 80's everytime I check.

So here is my question.....It certainly should be plenty warm enough to enjoy the beach, but in Cabo it may be to cold in the water. And what is to cold....If the sun is hot enough that "cold" water may feel darn good.

I had planned to snorkel in Cabo and have changed my mind, good or bad choice.

About me....Im pretty tolerant to the cold water, as long as my teeth dont chatter Im good. I find that the sun beaming on you usually is enough to keep the chill away

Here's an excerpt from
The average year-round water temperature in the Sea of Cortez is 72F. During the summer months the water temperature can reach the mid 80's
From how you describe yourself it would seem that you'll be just fine.

Click Here for a quick link to Los Cabos Guide.

Charlie (DH of Dianne)

Just went on a MR cruise in February. I swam in Zihuatenago. It wasn't that cold to me. The air temp was about 87 that day and it felt great to cool off. If you are fairly tolerant of cooler water, you should be fine. I'm a New England girl, the ocean water here in the height of summer doesn't get much above 72F. It's refreshing! :)

Water is in the low 60's right now and will stay pretty cold until June when it gradually starts to warm. The warmest water in Cabo is Sept- Nov when it gets into the 80's!

However the air temps are great and a quick dip does feel good. We could only stay in for about 5 minutes last May but the air was mid 80's. I could not imagine snorkling without a wetsuit in the spring/early summer but some people might tolerate the colder water better. I am a baby and I like the water in October- bathwater warm!:)

Archived