HELP!!!Tabayana beach question

robbs

on ncl sea 6/26. in roatan from noon to 8pm
is it easy and affordable to get to tabayana
beach or better to take ships tour.need advice...thnx...have been to tabayan twice and definately that is where we will go.

Since nobody has jumped in to answer your question-I'll try to help. I know for a fact that taxi's to Tabyana are easy to get and I remember reading they're pretty reasonable. I can't give you an exact price though, sorry. I've also read that it makes more sense to do it on your own! No first hand experience though - but maybe someone else can help you out with prices. Have fun, it's a great beach!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Paradise 6/27

Just returned from the NCL SEa 6/5/04. I recommend that you skip the ship's excursion as it is about $65 per person for a hot dog/hamburger lunch. As you get off the ship in roatan, walk past the reps offering tours and out the gate. Once there you could probably negotiate a taxi fare of $30-$40 for a tour of the Western half of the island, lunch at Half Moon Bay Cabins where you can get 3 large lobster tails lunch for $16 then to Tabyana Beach for snorkeling for $5 at Bannanarama Dive Shop. The driver will then return you to the pier. You don't pay until you return. You can save considerable money, have a much better lunch, meet and talk to locals, yet still enjoy an incredible beach.

• 2 weeks later...
We were in Roatan a couple of weeks ago. There were 8 of us - found a cab that would take us for the day for $80. He first took us to the Canopy Tour then to the beach right next to Tabyana. It was a great day. Carnival wanted $35 per person just for the ride to the beach. There are several places to rent snorkeling equipment - we ended up at [color=red]Bananaramas[/color] - [color=red]WOULD[/color] [color=red]NOT RECOMMEND THEM[/color]!! My friend returned within minutes of getting her equipment (not even in the water yet) because one fin was torn and the owner Ron spent the next 10 minutes in a yelling match with her telling her he would charge $30 to her charge card. Another customer chipped in that his equipment was also torn, that he had returned it just a few minutes before, and that Ron said nothing to him. All the equipment was old and worn - Ron was extremely rude and very unprofessional.

Anyway - Roatan was one of our favorite stops. ENJOY!!

Archived