logo design help

travel with kids

Whenever my DH's family travels together, we design t-shirts (usually polo shirts) and depending where we are traveling a fleece or lightweight jacket. Our next trip will be an Alaskan cruise tour (YVR...Seward...Fairbanks...cruise...train...coach). We are running a blank (actually, we have too many ideas for one logo) on what to have for our design that could be embroidered on polo shirts and fleece or windbreaker that would incorporate the essence of our trip. Please help!

How about several symbols of Alaska such as the eagle and the forget-me-not and Denali? Then put "Alaska" and the date of the trip. On our first Alaska cruise we bought denim shirts - mine with forget-me-nots (state flower) and my DH's with an Eagle.

How about several symbols of Alaska such as the eagle and the forget-me-not and Denali? Then put "Alaska" and the date of the trip. On our first Alaska cruise we bought denim shirts - mine with forget-me-nots (state flower) and my DH's with an Eagle.

Thanks for your suggestions. We had not thought of the forget-me-not. We had eagle and Denali (not sure how to do that one). Some of the other ideas we have thought of is a totem pole, a glacier, the big dipper, salmon and gold.

• Administrators
Thanks for your suggestions. We had not thought of the forget-me-not. We had eagle and Denali (not sure how to do that one). Some of the other ideas we have thought of is a totem pole, a glacier, the big dipper, salmon and gold.

Bears (brown and black), humpback whales, killer whales, puffins -- those also come to mind for Alaska. Of course, that doesn't help with the "too many ideas for one logo" issue! Since you are doing Alaska by land and sea, what about a silhouette of Mt. McKinley with a humpback "whale tail," or a breaching orca, super-imposed over it?

Why don't you do something to represent the land portion and something to represent the sea portion? Like just an outline of Denali at the top, with the cruise ship underneath it. Then "Alaska 2008" under the ship. That would be clean and simple, but still illustrate what your trip was about.

What a great idea! We're going with our family of 7, and I'm thinking of stealing your idea with a fleece.

As far as logo design, my professional experience is keep it simple! No more than 2 symbols and the text, or it will start looking too cluttered. Preferably, if you can incorporate two symbols into one stylized one, that might look great.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Since you are doing Alaska by land and sea, what about a silhouette of Mt. McKinley with a humpback "whale tail," or a breaching orca, super-imposed over it?
This is what we were thinking, breaking it up. I like the idea of the silhouette of Mt. McKinely. We had not thought of that.

What a great idea! We're going with our family of 7, and I'm thinking of stealing your idea with a fleece.

We usually just do polo shirts, however several years ago we did a Disney Cruise and my MIL had been ill a few months before the cruise and was always cold. We had a fleece made with the same logo as the shirts. My DH liked my MIL's fleece so much, he ordered one also. It was the hit of the cruise. People kept coming up to them asking them where they purchased them. We would laugh and tell them, "in Maine". We have decided to get fleece for everyone for this trip.

Archived