Historical Pirate Ship Tour in Cabo

CruiseFanInSeattle

well the boat is 105 feet overall, made in 1885 in lowestaff england. it is a square sail, gaff rig top sail schooner. it displaces 192 tons of water. it is the oldest wooden tall ship still sailing in the world. it is very stable and loves the ocean, take some dramadine don't eat any breakfast, no booze the night before.... i know this, because i work on it!

see you on board!

This ship is great; however, you definitely feel the ocean when on board. I would recommend taking something beforehand if you are prone to seasickness. We've been to the Mexican Riviera twice and this was our favorite excursion.

One of our group is very prone to motion sickness, but she was fine on this excursion (we were on it Feb. 13)...I think she took some dramamine beforehand just in case.

It was actually MUCH smoother than a catamaran trip we took a few days prior in Puerto Vallarta, where she really DID get sick. Definately, don't drink on the trip........the drinks were good, but my DH felt a bit queasy after ONE drink onboard, and that generally isn't a problem for him. It is a great ship and a great trip :)....Very relaxing

well the boat is 105 feet overall, made in 1885 in lowestaff england. it is a square sail, gaff rig top sail schooner. it displaces 192 tons of water. it is the oldest wooden tall ship still sailing in the world. it is very stable and loves the ocean, take some dramadine don't eat any breakfast, no booze the night before.... i know this, because i work on it!

see you on board!

Is this the same one from the Carnival tour list? I hope so, because we're booked on it in two weeks!! What's the latest whale report???

Hello everyone,

I've just read an add in the magazine called SEA that this ship and the charter business is for sale. I am not sure how will this effect the shore excursions that we pre-book...

are you sure you have the right boat?. the owner hasn't said anything like a sale... but i guess at the right price... i will ask him tomorrow

well, I don't know, but it sure sounds very similar.

I copy here the add from the magazine:

"105' GAFF SCHOONER TALL SHIP 1885 Available with/without succesful charter business in Cabo San Lucas." through Emerald Pacificyachts of San Diego.

I'de be curious to know what you find out.

Archived