Any cure for "sea legs" post cruise?

brzymom

I had it for about a month after I came back from our last cruise. It was worst in narrow hallways or the stairwells and elevators at work. Sometimes I still walked like a drunken sailor on dry land! Funny, I didn't notice it so much when I was back home either floating in the pool or even the hottub! I have been on boats all my life and am NEVER seasick so this landsickness was entirely surprising to me! I did a lot of internet research on it last year (mal de debarquement sp?? some people have it for years!) and was interested to read that it affects middle-aged women more often and possibly has something to do with the brain not adjusting properly or rapidly enough (as well as inner ear stuff). In the end, I just resigned myself to the humor of it all and it did eventually go away. In a way, I wouldn't change that experience one bit!

I REALLY like cruiserbryce's advice!

I was still feeling my sea legs 3 days later, and we were in Disney Worlk trying to ride everything. I ended up keeping my sea-bands on for at least 5 days. It really did make a difference although I did find the rides at Disney affected me for the first time ever. I'm not sure if that's because of the cruise or that I am just getting older.

Archived