Carnival Freedom or Royal Independence, 13 year old boy

newlu

Hi,

Have always cruised with Royal, my son would now be in the 12-14 year old group, we are thinking of the Carnival Freedom (have never cruised Carnival) or the Independence with Royal (we have done the Freedom class). Any input on the 12-14 activities would be greatly appreciated.

And yes, I will also post on Royal

Thanks

newlu

I have not done RCCL but my kids now 18 & 20 loved cruising Carnival when they were his age but it would depend on if he is expecting to ride the waves, climb mountains or ice-skate. Carnival does not have those things but they do have a wonderful new club for his age group. If he likes to hang out with friends and play games etc. then he would like Carnival.

Hi,

Have always cruised with Royal, my son would now be in the 12-14 year old group, we are thinking of the Carnival Freedom (have never cruised Carnival) or the Independence with Royal (we have done the Freedom class). Any input on the 12-14 activities would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

newlu

Activities: Teen Program/Circle C

The latest game consoles

Talent show - Talent Show MC Competition - You can be the star of the show

Dance Parties

Late Night Teen Hang

Late Night Movies

Video Arcade Tournament

Scavenger Hunts

Karaoke

Freaky Food Fear Factor

Camp Carnival Survivor Challenge

Make Your Own Pizza

Game Boys

ExerSeas Activities - Including games like Dodgeball, Basket Ball and Mini Golf

Sea Notes - Including games and activities like Name that Tune, Teen Idol, and Musical Jeopardy

Water Color Activities - Including activities like Mono-Printing, The Great Art Robbery, and Decoupage Boxes

Sand Art

Spin Art

Candy Art

T-Shirt Decorating

Carnival Twister Waterslide Races

Facilities:

Toys / Games / Books / Puzzles / Theme Activities / Sports Equipment

Arts and Crafts / Spin Art / Sand Art / Sno Cones / Karaoke Machine / Foosball / Air Hockey Table

Sony PlayStation 2 video game units / Game Boy Advance SonyPlaystation units and games

Soft-Play padded play equipment

Other Kid Friendly Areas On Board:

High tech video games / Arcade Games / Virtual reality-based games

Outdoor Play Area: Ping Pong / Basketball / Volleyball / Shuffleboard / Miniature Golf Course / Water Wars

Children's wading pool

Pool with waterslide (for children at least 42" tall and able to swim) – slide separate from the pool

Hi,

Thanks

newlu

y son is 9. We just got sailed Carnival in Jan. He liked the kids program on Rcl better, plus all the offered activites. We are sailing again in March 09 on Explorer.

Archived