Just back from Adventure of the Seas. Excellent!!

I was on this cruise too... and I agree it was one of the best!

I do have all of the Cruise Compasses if you want to know something -- I'm not really into computers, so I have no idea how to scan them.

Formal Nights are on Monday and Thursday, and Lobster was served on Friday. We went to Portofino on Tuesday night, which ironically was Italian night (or Venetian Night) in the dining room. We made our Portofino reservation first thing after we got on board.

Can you give a line up of the entertainers?

Nights, names, type of performance.

Thanks in advance for the information.

Hi LS,

We did the same things you did.

We thought Jolly Pirates was just OK.

We thought Actief was awesome! Great snorkeling.

We spent the day on Orient playing in the waves.

We spent the day on Sapphire in St. T. The combination of beautiful beach and good snorkeling at Sapphire was very nice.

We had a great time too.

Mike

What time were people able to get off the ship in San Juan? The airlines changed our flight and we have a 9:50 flight out. We will walk off with our luggage if we have to' date=' but what time were people able to leave the ship. Thanks for the review.[/quote']

WOW - That is cutting it way to close, I would think. We did not even get off the boat until 9:30, it was crazy trying to get a cab (have the porters load up your luggage and they take you to the front of the cab line, of course you will need to tip them). We flew home on Monday morning, airport was fairly quiet in San Jaun, however, they are SLOW. Luggage needs to go through agricultural inspection before you check in.

I would suggest a later flight or stay over and fly home Monday. Good luck.

As for the beer shortage - Non issue, we were able to get beer anytime, never even knew about it until I read it here. Wonderful Ship, Wonderful Itinerary. Best night for Portofino is "any night!" actually we went Wednesday night, even our server said the dining room menu on Wednesday is the weakest night. In the dining room I would suggest NOT having the Lamb Shank or the Tempura Mahi Mahi, neither was very good, all other meals and entres we had were great and Portofino is absolutely outstanding.

question i have seen asked over and over...when is muster drill? we will be going April 13!

thanks for taking the time to write a review....glad you had a good time!

Beverly

Hi,

We are also booked on this cruise. We are a group of 8 adults. Really looking forward to sailing on the AOS. This will be our first Voyager class ship and haven't sailed out of San Juan for about 15 years. Curious to see how much San Juan has changed in that time. We will be in Puerto Rico for 2 days pre-cruise and 1 day post cruise. Wanted to extend our vacation by a few days. It is great to see that our fellow cruisers still love this ship. I have been a little concerned about some of the past negative reviews this ship has received but I feel that you make your cruise experience. Some things can't be helped but you are on vacation and what a better place to be than on a cruise ship. Hope you have a lovely cruise.

Sandy

WOW - Luggage needs to go through agricultural inspection before you check in.

Did you have to due the agriculture inspection because you did not come directly from ship??

I have flown out on Mondays and done the inspection before, but read post cruise they do not. Anyone?

I am planning on renting a car in Curacao and wondering which pier the AOS docked at?

"Mega Pier" ??

I believe we docked at Mega Pier. The smaller pier doesn't accommodate the bigger ships according to what I've read. Didn't spend much time in town on my last cruise there so can't quite remember the exact name of where we were docked.

Jen

Is there only one 1/2 day snorkeling trip through Curacao-Actief? Do you know what the main difference is between doing a 1/2 day or an all day? We did the Desert & Caves tour with them last year and thought it was just fabulous. My kids thought it was the best excursion we did. Did you see a large variety of fish and did you snorkel off a boat or just walk into the water?

We did the half day snorkeling. They also offer the full day which includes 1 more snorkeling spot and a little of sightseeing.

The first spot they brought us was at the Tugboat. The area had alot of fish. The second spot was called Directors Bay, which was my favorite of all the snorkeling spots I have done. It mostly had reef areas with less fish. What was so amazing was the deepth and clarity of the water.

Both spots, we snorkelled from the beach.

If I ever get back to Curacao, I will definitely book with Actief again.:D

What time were people able to get off the ship in San Juan? The airlines changed our flight and we have a 9:50 flight out. We will walk off with our luggage if we have to' date=' but what time were people able to leave the ship. Thanks for the review.[/quote']

You fill out a paper with your flight time on it so they let you off according to that, but 9:50 is a bit early. I don't think they started with us until 8:30.

Donna

My husband and I are going on AOS on March 23. I can not wait! Is there a refrigerator in the cabins?

Thanks!

There is a small mini fridge. It already has stuff in it. I heard you can ask your room attendant to remove what is in it.

We put bottled water in it that we brought with us.

Thanks Jen' date=' one last question, do you remember when lobster and Italian nights are?

Thanks!![/quote']

I don't remember which night was Italian, but lobster is on Friday night. Lobster is included with the "Fisherman's platter". I forget what the Chef's recommendation is on that night, but the lobster can be missed if you don't know to look for it.

Jen

My husband and I are going on AOS on March 23. I can not wait! Is there a refrigerator in the cabins?

Thanks!

We are on that cruise too! Have you gone to our roll call and signed up for our Meet & Mingle yet? We have a really fun group on there. We are having an informal meet & mingle at the pool bar on Sunday ~ 4 or 4:30 and our official Royal Caribbean sponsored Meet and Mingle is Monday in the Blue Moon Lounge around the same time. If you go to our roll call and look for a post from Magnacoug he has a web page dedicated to our cruise. Page 5 has the details for both.

Hope you join us!!

Archived