Rent a Jeep or Jeep Tour?

DOUGLASH

This is the only port that I'm not doing an excursion. We decided by the advice of many on this board to rent a jeep and explore on our own. Basically, the price of a jeep is the price for 1 person to do a jeep tour and 4 folks fit in the jeep. I've also read that many jeeps end up following the jeep tours anyway. You get a great map from the rental company and great ideas from here. Folks definitely have a great time on the tour, but I want to tour for twice as long for less than 1/2 the cost personally in Aruba.

I believe it's really just your personal preference that will be the deciding factor.

• 4 weeks later...
We(two couples) rented our own jeep in aruba on our last cruise. It rented for about $55.00 for the entire day. We were picked up at the pier taken to the car rental place,given a map(you really can't get toooo lost in Aruba),and told to have the jeep back by 5pm with a full tank of gas. We started with a full tank so that wasn't a problem. What a blast we had. The jeep tour ended up following us. We went as far as the natural bridge (off road) which means you will really need a 4wheel drive to do it. But what fun. From there we went back to the ship had a great lunch then took off for the beach for awhile, then toured around Aruba the rest of the afternoon. Took the jeep back and they returned us to the ship. For the price you can't beat it. I think the price for the jeep tour from the ship was about $94.00 a person. We ended up paying about $30.00 a couple including the gas. DUH!!!! Also something to think about is when their tour was done ,they were done and back to the ship much earlier then we were. So go for it !!!!!!!!! You will still have plenty of time to do a little night life after dinner.

[quote name='thanepsg']We will be in Aruba at the end of November and the jeeps sound like a blast. I hate to wait til we are there in case there are many ships there that day. Any suggestions on how we could make arrangements in advance?

- Susan[/QUOTE]
[url="http://www.visitaruba.com/travel/"]http://www.visitaruba.com/travel/[/url]

There is a listing of car/jeep rental companies. Some of them have online services and some only via phone. I know that Super Car Rental has an office at the pier, but most of them have cars parked in the rental car parking lot that they can accommodate you with.

Archived