NCL Star cabins on Deck 9

boss_lady

We are booked on the Star for Feb. 2009 and are considering upgrading to deck 9 cat. bc. Has anyone stayed in these cabins? Are they pretty good size? Is it better forward, aft or the middle? Have heard the forward part of the ship has more motion? Would the middle be better if you don't want to much motion?

Any pictures would be appreciated. Looking at cabins 9200,9626,9628,9700,9126,9128,9586,9588,9590,9080,&9082. Will need to make a decision by the end of this week.

Thank you in advance!

Bosslady:)

Boy do I feel silly.:eek: The cabins I listed are not for cat. bc but for bb. I guess I need info for cabins 9702,9706,9708,9710,9712,9716,9202,9206,9208,9210,9212,9216,9536,9532,9530,9036,9032,9030.

Thank you in advance again.

Went ahead an upgrades to cabin 9702 on deck 9. It only cost us $100 more which I didn't think was bad. We are towards the back which is where we were when we went Alaska and it was pretty stable except it was on deck 8. If anyone has pictures for this cabin I would appreciate seeing them. Really looking forward to this cruise.

We are booked on the Star for Feb. 2009 and are considering upgrading to deck 9 cat. bc. Has anyone stayed in these cabins? Are they pretty good size? Is it better forward, aft or the middle? Have heard the forward part of the ship has more motion? Would the middle be better if you don't want to much motion?

Any pictures would be appreciated. Looking at cabins 9200,9626,9628,9700,9126,9128,9586,9588,9590,9080,&9082. Will need to make a decision by the end of this week.

Thank you in advance!

Bosslady

I was in 9586 in October 2005 ...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=13327

Star4-4-2-06.jpg

Typical cabin on deck nine ...

GV-livingroompanI.jpg

Typical bedroom ...

IMG_1686.jpg

Typical bathroom ...

GardenVillabathroom.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

Typical balcony ...

lowerbalcony.jpg

Okay, the above photos are actually from the Garden Villa. I do have photos of my cabin (9586), but they are at home. I'll post them tomorrow morning.

I would book based on the price. All balcony cabins (be thru ba) are the same. It's just their location. Floor 9 is nicer than 8 if you go up to the buffet or pool etc alot. Floor 8 is nice too because it's closer to the restaurants. Mid ship is nice because you don't have to walk too far for a spot that's near the bow or the stern. But none of these little differences to me is worth paying more money. I usually book a guarantee balcony cabin at the cheapest rate (i.e a BE or BD ) and each time I've ended up with a BA cabin. You won't know the cabin they put you in until after you have made final payment. I also don't worry about the ship's motion. Everyone's cabin is pretty stable.

I was in 9586 in October 2005 ...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=13327

Star4-4-2-06.jpg

Typical cabin on deck nine ...

GV-livingroompanI.jpg

Typical bedroom ...

IMG_1686.jpg

Typical bathroom ...

GardenVillabathroom.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

Typical balcony ...

lowerbalcony.jpg

Okay, the above photos are actually from the Garden Villa. I do have photos of my cabin (9586), but they are at home. I'll post them tomorrow morning.

ROFLMAO!!! You are too funny.

Thank you very much for the pictures. They were awesome and I mean both sets. So my cabin should look pretty much like ours except without the birthday items. Wish I was going now instead next Feb. but that is okay. Have something to look forward too. Again thanks.

Bosslady

Thank you very much for the pictures. They were awesome and I mean both sets. So my cabin should look pretty much like ours except without the birthday items. Wish I was going now instead next Feb. but that is okay. Have something to look forward too. Again thanks.

Bosslady

You can have NCL add the birthday decorations if you want. :)

And yes, your cabin should look exactly like yours. :D

Archived