Booking future cruises while onboard

zabs

Has anyone booked a future cruise while onboard? Is there any advantage or benefit offered that makes sense to do it? We're going to be on the March 16th Millennium sailing and some jealous friends left behind in cold wet New Hampshire have been asking...

If you book on board you'll receive a small discount in the form of an on board credit you'll receive during the future cruise. They'll have details on board, but the credit will range from $50 to $300 depending on the price of the future cruise. You can also buy a certificate to be applied to a future cruise, to get the OBC, if you don't have one specific to book right now.

If you're planning on doing this you might want to do it during the first half of the cruise and the person who handles this gets pretty busy during the last few days of the cruise.

If you book on board you'll receive a small discount in the form of an on board credit you'll receive during the future cruise. They'll have details on board, but the credit will range from $50 to $300 depending on the price of the future cruise. You can also buy a certificate to be applied to a future cruise, to get the OBC, if you don't have one specific to book right now.

If you're planning on doing this you might want to do it during the first half of the cruise and the person who handles this gets pretty busy during the last few days of the cruise.

Thanks Larry! Btw, nice pix from your 12 night Millie Med cruise. We've got one of the aft corner FOV's. Looking forward to it!

Celebrity is changing back to the old system of OBC depending on the length of the cruise. Their website calls it the "Triple Star" program.

We booked a future cruise last month while on Mercury. It's a Jan. '09 11-night S. Carib. on Galaxy and we got $200 OBC, instead of the $50 we would have gotten with the unpopular new system instituted last year.

The future sales person told us X was "quietly" going back to the old system, not advertising it yet. On our receipt she highlighted the $200 and in the box wrote, "TEST".

The website says the OBC according to the length is for "Selected" cruises, but ours isn't on the official list. It will probably expand as time goes on. It would be a good idea to at least check it out while you are on your cruise.

I started a thread about this after we got home. I think it's on a previous page.

We also signed up for the Passages program where you put $100 pp for a future cruise, booking it later off the ship and still getting the OBC. We want to book a Galaxy Med. cruise for June '09, but it's not booking yet.

Oh, well. We hadn't heard that X was reverting back to the worthwhile old program while we were on our Summit b2b last month, so we didn't take any time to sit at the future cruises desk & book a future cruise for onboard credits we felt would be a total waste of our vacation time. Maybe we'll just end up with a great cruise deal for our next cruise, whatever that turns out to be....:cool:

We wouldn't have known either if I hadn't happened to be standing by the brochure rack when Natalie was at her desk. She turned to me and asked if I planned to book a cruise. I said maybe and then she told me X was quietly going back to the old system. That gave me more ammunition in my campaign to talk DH into booking for Jan '09, when we were already planning to book for June '09, too. It worked, along with a cruise price $220 less than the brochure said. :D

Archived