Emerald refit?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hiya

The same message goes out every year that the Emerald is going in for a re fit.

Truth be told, Thomson only charter for a short season, after their charter ends Lois cruises take the ship back and re paint the funnel in their colours and run the ship as a greek ship for greek passengers for a while.

The same happens at the beginning of the year where she runs greek island hopping cruises for the greek market before she gets repainted back to TUI funnel.

Every now and again she will get a new carpet, or the squeeky chair on the starlight bar will be oiled.

Mind you, I love the ship and dont mind the decor, as she is comfortable.

I am off in October for the two weeks including north Africa. My third time on this route and they have changed lebannon for syria, so I am really looking forward to it. Its my 13th cruise on the Emerald and I have my fingers crossed that TUI do not drop this ship for future seasons.

countdown.pl?name=&date=10-17-2008ℑ=Beach-9&text=I can

Hiya

The same message goes out every year that the Emerald is going in for a re fit.

Truth be told, Thomson only charter for a short season, after their charter ends Lois cruises take the ship back and re paint the funnel in their colours and run the ship as a greek ship for greek passengers for a while.

The same happens at the beginning of the year where she runs greek island hopping cruises for the greek market before she gets repainted back to TUI funnel.

Every now and again she will get a new carpet, or the squeeky chair on the starlight bar will be oiled.

Mind you, I love the ship and dont mind the decor, as she is comfortable.

I am off in October for the two weeks including north Africa. My third time on this route and they have changed lebannon for syria, so I am really looking forward to it. Its my 13th cruise on the Emerald and I have my fingers crossed that TUI do not drop this ship for future seasons.

Spoke to my TA today about the Emerald and it's retirement.

She reckons that as Thomson have branched out into the caribbean they are looking at taking on a bigger ship ~ similar in tonnage to that of OV2.(70k GRT)

She said there has been a rumour about them taking on an ex RCI ship (especially as RCI have tied up with the german arm of TUI) but also as the two old Norwegian cruise line ships are going to Louis there may be a chance that it will be one of them.

They want something larger and newer than what they have at the moment to make the most of the additional revenue.

• 2 weeks later...
Spoke to my TA today about the Emerald and it's retirement.

She reckons that as Thomson have branched out into the caribbean they are looking at taking on a bigger ship ~ similar in tonnage to that of OV2.(70k GRT)

She said there has been a rumour about them taking on an ex RCI ship (especially as RCI have tied up with the german arm of TUI) but also as the two old Norwegian cruise line ships are going to Louis there may be a chance that it will be one of them.

They want something larger and newer than what they have at the moment to make the most of the additional revenue.

Could either be this one;

NorwegianDream01.jpg

or this one;

NorwegianMajesty02.jpg

Both nice looking ships.

Archived