Rate Codes???

IwannaGo Now

I booked with my PVP. The agency that gives competing prices had an agency that I had used before, with no problems. Their price was $210 cheaper than my Carnival PVP gave me. Since I am about 70 days from sailing, I had to pay the total amt. The PVP told me to transfer the booking...she'll still get credit, and the agency gets their comission...she couldn't match their price for my 9A.

Now comes the rub!! My PVP called me today looking for my Military info. I had booked with her previously...my sister was military, and we booked with her DD14. I told her I never mentioned anything about Military. I said I didn't want to lose the 9A, but I'd cancel, and go with the competing agency, She said she'd have to charge me the cancellation fee!! So now, I don't know what is next...she was going to talk to her supervisor.

Something ain't right. PVP said that without the Military it was another $200 PP. That would put Carnivals price more than $400 over the competitor?? :confused:

I got a call back at 8 PM last night from my PVP. She said that I had told her I was Military....not true, I never said anything like that. She said that I would have to pay the higher rate. My booking shows PNS for a rate code. She then tried to tell me she'd give me a cat 11 for around that price. I finally was able to book a 9A aft wrap-around, and told her I wanted the 9A. The cruise is bought and paid for, so I don't know how they can now adjust the price without re-booking. She also told me that I would have to pay $50 to "change" my 2nd passenger from TBA to a name.....she never mentioned this at booking...in fact when I told her I was traveling alone, she suggested booking 2....in case I found someone to go with me!!

I requested her supervisor...of course there were none available....she would call me tomorrow (today).

Any suggestions??

Thanks

I am sorry I dont think I can help you there.

Seems like a lot of misunderstandings. PVP didnt catch you saying that you were traveling alone...Also she just assumed since you had booked previously with MIl discount that you are booking the same way this time? :confused: wheww...

So, you are going to have a 9A wrap all to yourself? WOW lucky you.

As far as the cancellation fee, you said you are 70 days out, I do not understand why the PVP can not transfer the reservation to the TA. Seems as though they could release the booking to a TA at any time. So, I would push that since it will save you $400!

Good luck

I am sorry I dont think I can help you there.

Seems like a lot of misunderstandings. PVP didnt catch you saying that you were traveling alone...Also she just assumed since you had booked previously with MIl discount that you are booking the same way this time? :confused: wheww...

So, you are going to have a 9A wrap all to yourself? WOW lucky you.

As far as the cancellation fee, you said you are 70 days out, I do not understand why the PVP can not transfer the reservation to the TA. Seems as though they could release the booking to a TA at any time. So, I would push that since it will save you $400!

Good luck

Once final payment has been made you cannot transfer a booking unfortunatly.

Hello,

Does anybody know of any other discount codes that are in effect now. In the past I could always have luck with the old DP7 or DP3, not anymore. I have not received a Currents magazine in many months so I have no place to look for current codes. I would appreciate any suugestions. Thanks.:)

First...thank you Beccadoby for your offer.

Today I was left a message from my PVP saying that her Supervisor told her to give me the special price of $2351.90....a whopping savings of $00.64 off CCL's website. That gave me a balance due of $112...But it also gave me an opening to transfer my booking to a competitor, who was $220 cheaper than CCL. They are in the process of transferring it, but trying to figure out how to handle the credit. I just received a call from my PVP saying that her Supv decided to let me cancel the booking today, without a penalty. I left a message for my new agent...I really don't want to lose my 9A aft wrap-around.

That's it for CCL..I'll never use a PPV again.

Archived