Acupuncture

Ellen Dio

Has anyone with previous acupuncture experience tried it on Celebrity? Century to specific but I'd be interested in any info on this - I'm tempted but my regular acupuncturist was kind of skeptical about the quality and level of expertise that I'd find.

I had an idea and Googled Acupuncture at Sea and came up with an article on acupuncture.com and one on cruisemates.com. and a few others. You will be able to find out more info and make an informed decision.

Last April on Century I tried acupuncture for the first time -- with a three treatment package -- and was so impressed with the results that I have continued with an acupuncture practicioner here at home. The practitioner on Century was liscensed for acupuncture in Colorado, and I have the impression that all of the practicioners provided through Acupuncture at Sea are liscensed. I have no idea if you will find the acupuncture practicioner currently on Century to be comparable to your current acupuncturist, but I would expect the Century acupuncturist to be experienced and liscensed (ask questions before you sign up) and the acupuncture treatment rooms are very clean and well appointed. In all likelihood you will pay more for the treatment on the ship than you do at home.

David

I had acupuncture while on board Infinity. Found the experience helpful.

The cost was higher than having the same treatment on land. Do not buy products. A chinese oil they used after treatment, was being sold on board for $12 a bottle, the same bottle bought on land was at that time $5 for the same size bottle.

I consider this "mark up" to be unacceptable.but that applies to all the Elmis tretments and products sold on board.

If memory serves me right, last year on Century my final bill for the three treatment package was around $325, which included the standard 15% gratuity that they add on anything remotely like a spa treatment -- like coctails:). Seriously, they do add a gratuity to the actual fee. Ask lots of questions before you sign up.

David

Actually that's about what I pay on land but my treatments last over an hour and I'm guessing the treatments at Sea are not that intense. I'm really happy it sounds like they're doing a good job - it's great to see something like this go so main stream - now I just have to hope my guy doesn't decide to hit the high seas.

Archived