Good places to shoot photos

ozbuc

We will be in P.V., Mazatlan, Cabo and I am looking for suggestions for an area in each city where I can take pictures of what could be considered the heart and soul of that city, I am mostly interested in architecture, buildings, places and the like.

Ozbuc,

Right up my alley.. I just got back, and our trips are all photo junkets.. and like you, I am a arch/environ type shooter, rarely people..

Cabo

Take a boat to El Arco and whale watching if the season is right. Cabo harbor area is primarily new construction, but you can wander into the the back streets and find some old world stuff..

2533935380101141247S425x425Q85.jpg2880865470101141247S425x425Q85.jpg

Mazatlan,

Definitely go to Concordia and Copola on what our ship called the Sierra Madre tour. Two old towns overrun by tourists while you're there, but the towns still have the old world charm. You can stay on the main drag, but you get about an hour or so in each town

2690180190101141247S425x425Q85.jpg2150354100101141247S200x200Q85.jpg

PV

This assumes you like a good walk, this can be very hilly..Take a taxi to the big church in Centro. Walk up the steep stairs behind the church and keep walking to Casa Kimberly and "Gringo Gulch". Take the alleys up here and you'll see shots all around. Continue east and down the hill at the same time, and you'll go through a little town on the way to the river. Once you cross the river follow it downstream until you get to a bridge with an island underneath.. this is a great "Arts" island, and is really cool for shooting their as well as back up the hill you just came down.

When you hit the ocean head south to the "Romantic Zone" some neat old hotels and restaurants. For sunset end up north of the island on the Malecon for some great sunset shots with the statues and sand sculptures!

2837666370101141247S425x425Q85.jpg2499935110101141247S425x425Q85.jpg

Here is a slideshow of some of the shots I took, slow to load, but enjoy!

http://wnywz.com/riviera

Swack thanks for the heads up on those locations I will try and check them all out. I agree great job on those shots, great use of dimension and space. Im just an amateur with a Nikon point and shoot but learning as I go along.

WOW!!!!!!

Absolutely GORGEOUS photos!!!

I really enjoyed the music selection, too. :D Just perfect.

Thanks so much for posting the link, it loaded pretty quickly for me, and I enjoyed the slide show very much.

Archived