Eden Rock/Paradise Questions

ebseckar

We are interested in doing some shore snorkeling while in Grand Cayman. We have our own equipment. From what we've read on this board, Eden Rock/Paradise sound like where we would like to spend some time. How close are they to each other? Is one better than the other? Do they both have lockers, restrooms, bar, restaurant, lounge chairs, other amenities? Do you end up snorkeling in the same area, just entering the water at different places? Thanks for your help.

Both are really close by,. Wehn u get out of the pier they are on the left side. U can see the as u walk out.

We went snorkeling(My own equipmet) past the sea grapes beach.

Tool a cab $4/Person. got down at seagrapes. Walk a block and there are really good snorkeling spots. Not deep and lot of fish,

We spent time here on our trip last March and plan on doing it again in 3 weeks. there were plenty of kids snorkling there and some of the biggest tarpon I have ever seen while snorkling. Paradise rest. also has some good conch fritters and reasonable cold drinks for the cayman area.

we have snorkeled eden rock beach. u can walk to it, turn right off the tender walk about 5 min..this is not a sandy walk in the water beach..there is sand with some chairs next to the road. it is all coral and the current is pretty strong. jmo, i would take a child to sea grape or anywhere on 7 mile it is sandy.. i saw alot of folks getting cut by the coral..

I snorkeled at Eden Rock in May 2007. It is approximately a 10 minute walk from the tender pier that our ship used. As your back is to the sea and you are facing Georgetown, turn right and follow the road. It has a website with clear directions and pictures.

The Eden Rock Dive Shop is a little blue building with the normal types of equipment for snorkeling and diving. It had changing rooms, lockers, restrooms, snacks, and a pretty rocky entry into the water. I also agree that the current in the immediate area of the walk/swim in entry would be a concern for an 8 year old. I don't remember an actual beach there, more like some small areas of sand interspersec with rocks. The traditional beach experience is along the seven mile beaches.

This site is very convenient to downtown Georgetown shopping and dining. Hope you find this information helpful. Happy Vacations To You!:)

Archived