fuel prices and the cost to fly???

first of all let me same that am no expert on the fuel price situation and i dont fly enough to know how ticket cost are ranging.. all i know is that is cost more and more to fill up the tank just to get to work.
does anybody think that the prices of plane tickets will also go up or have they already??
my cruise is not untill may of 2005 and i am going to book as soon as i can incase they sky-rocket also. right now it is around $250 roundtrip to my destination. a good price and i am going to jump on it to be safe.

any thoughts on this.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05
Alaska glacier bay again

i meant to say'' let me say that i am not a expert. it would not let me edit the normal way.

DUSTY

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05
Alaska glacier bay again

You likely are paying already. Many airlines are adding "fuel surcharges". This is how they are covering for the fuel price increases. These are extra fees that are not part of the airfare quote that you see, but in the final price. So when you buy a ticket today, your final price includes tax and other fees. Fees include the TSA fee, and others, including this new fuel surcharge. If you buy now, you will likely pay the surcharge, if you wait, you may not. Hard to guess.

Many airlines hedge the fuel prices, by doing futures and options on fuel for the future. Alot stopped this practice in the downturn, due to lack of cash, and are now paying the "price" for stopping this practice. So, while they may do some smoothing for fuel internally, expect the surcharges to continue for some time now.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
...left until Navigator of the Seas 11/13/04

thanks cmason

you are probably right. it is anybodys guess when they are going to get the best price. i will just have to hope for the best like everyone else.

DUSTY

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05
Alaska glacier bay again

thanks cmason

that makes sense. i will have to hope for the best like everyone else for getting a good price for the flight.

DUSTY

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05
Alaska glacier bay again

Archived