Royal Swim in Cozumel

puggal

I'm not a very strong swimmer and therefore didn't know if I could do the Royal Swim. I'm also overweight about 250lbs. Do I need to be able to swim to do the Royal swim? What if I want to do everything but the nose push, can I just watch at that point?

My daughter & niece aren't strong swimmers either. Do we get lifejackets? Should we just skip this even though they really want to swim w/the dolphins?

I did the one in PV just this week. I'd suggest that you choose a lower priced one if you don't want the foot push. all the other stuff seemed the same. yes you want to be able to swim, however, we were required to wear life jackets. The wonderful thing about the water is that weight is an advantage!!!!

see the pictures

the last one shows the pool with all the different people in it.

2333556_Dolphinkiss.jpg.77166edc40b25d2bb2b8ca4def5a316f.jpg

656194310_dolphinbaby.jpg.981e5e270debdb6fd2767bc26fb5b81d.jpg

828400201_Dolphindance.jpg.9bb10c73d745255e6ea2283227500845.jpg

1275463938_AnnCruise1compressed.jpg.ff57b61ba88222819063d5d295e3db48.jpg

Does the Royal Swim also give you the opportunity to be pushed along by the dolphin or is that another excursion completely? I saw in one of the pictures that someone was holding on to the fins and getting pulled through the water, but not all pictures showed that...is that something that is included in the Royal Swim?

Does the Royal Swim also give you the opportunity to be pushed along by the dolphin or is that another excursion completely? I saw in one of the pictures that someone was holding on to the fins and getting pulled through the water, but not all pictures showed that...is that something that is included in the Royal Swim?
As I recall, the Royal swim included the chance to ride two dolphins by standing on their backs (one foot on each back). I don't recall if the Royal swim included being pulled through the water by one of the dolphins.

I did this pre-hurricane (Aug 2004). I don't know if they still offer the seal swim. In this case I was standing on the bottom, so again, swimming skills is not an issue ...

Sealedwithakiss.jpg

Holdingseal.jpg

Ive done the Dolphin Swim and have been to Stingray City, but never had the pleasure to handle a seal. How was that. Are they as playful as they appear or are they trained to only do certain things. I think playing with one may be neat.

I'm not a very strong swimmer and therefore didn't know if I could do the Royal Swim. I'm also overweight about 250lbs. Do I need to be able to swim to do the Royal swim? What if I want to do everything but the nose push, can I just watch at that point?

My daughter & niece aren't strong swimmers either. Do we get lifejackets? Should we just skip this even though they really want to swim w/the dolphins?

I'm not a gold medalist swimmer myself & weigh 225lbs and I was able to do the Royal Swim just fine. You don't need to be able to swiw, the doggie paddle will do. I would assume that you could skip out on the nose push, but I think you'd might regret it afterwards. Everyone gets lifejackets and I was impressed with how well they kept me afloat. I was worried about how deep the water was, but the lifejacket put me at ease. They do have other options available though if you aren't keen on getting out into the water. I don't know how old your daughter & niece are, but I know there are age minimums for some of the swims. I have the brochure for Dolphin Discovery at home, but I believe it should show all the options on their website, we booked our swims directly, www.dolphindiscovery.com Also if you want to email me, I send you all of our pictures from our Liberty cruise and that includes all our dolphin pics.

Cavatelli430@aol.com

The dolphin swim was the best part of our trip! Don't miss out!

Ive done the Dolphin Swim and have been to Stingray City, but never had the pleasure to handle a seal. How was that. Are they as playful as they appear or are they trained to only do certain things. I think playing with one may be neat.
Well, I didn't really get to "play" with the seal. The seal did what its trainer told it to do. We didn't have any play time. In that regard the dolphin swim was more fun. However, it was an interesting experience and I'm glad I did it.

Archived