Shore Excursions-Walking tours

Let me start out by saying that the best part about cruising is the cruising.
We are taking the Celebrity Summit Alaska repositioning cruise September 17, and staying on for the Panama portion.
What I have done for the US/Canadian ports is go to Frommer's website and downloaded walking tours of each city.
Most are between 2-4 hours, which is as much walking around time as I desire.
I hope that this helps some of you who are not in need of heavy duty excitement to make your trip memorable.
Cheers

Banana,

Great idea! My first cruise was to Alaska with a walking club. We did a 10K (6.2 mile) walk in each of 4 ports. Saved lots of money compared to pricey shore excursions and in some cases saw a lot more of the local scenery than other cruisers.

On my second Alaskan cruise, I stopped at the visitors' center at each port and picked up a map for a self-guided tour.

Roz

When we went to Curacao, we did a walking tour I found in a guidebook. It worked great until we tried to visit Fort Christopher, and could find no visitor entrance. Next time, I would try to get more up to date info as the cruise got closer.

Counting down to the Rhapsody OTS - 12/05/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;5;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]

Archived