Wine/liquor store near pier in NY?

drcandon

Hi...

For those who have sailed out of NY...Wife unit and I will be sailing out of NY on the Noordam next week. I know I can order a wine package on board - of course we all know how expensive that is. So my question being, is there a wine/beer store near the pier ( walking distance)? I can probably pick up some on the duty free on the plane or maybe even in the airport ( I am not familiar with NY airports). Basically we are flying in - then being wisked away to the ship and the dock..you know the drill.

Any options anyone can think of??

There used to be a service in Miami and Ft.Lauderdale - the person that ran it also use to have service in NY but she has retired her service I beleive.

Thanks

Hi...

For those who have sailed out of NY...Wife unit and I will be sailing out of NY on the Noordam next week. I know I can order a wine package on board - of course we all know how expensive that is. So my question being, is there a wine/beer store near the pier ( walking distance)? I can probably pick up some on the duty free on the plane or maybe even in the airport ( I am not familiar with NY airports). Basically we are flying in - then being wisked away to the ship and the dock..you know the drill.

Any options anyone can think of??

There used to be a service in Miami and Ft.Lauderdale - the person that ran it also use to have service in NY but she has retired her service I beleive.

Thanks

The NY pier is in a fairly industrial area so I don't think there are any wine stores close by. I don't live in that part the city so I am not all that familiar with those neighborhoods. I have also never thought of buying wine at NY airports since all I want to do is get home, so I have no idea what would be available! :D

Are you taking a cab or do you have transfers from the airport to the pier? If by cab, the cabby may be able to tell you about wine stores along the way.

Archived