Adventure of the Seas questions

bensjamin

Hey - I've just got two questions about AOS.

First off, what time does the AOS return to San Juan, and what's the earliest that you would book a return flight?

Also, my family usually cruises either over Christmas or New Years week - but for various reasons we won't be able to do that this year. Will there still be a large amount of teenagers on the ship January 2-9th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b]dobie[/b]
[i]Whatever it was in St Thomas, it just meant we had to get up and do it at 7 AM. Then in San Juan we stood in line again. It was such a bad experience that we will never go out of San Juan again, there are plenty of other places to sail from without the long flight and super long lines to get off of the ship.[/i]

Amen to that. Stay in the U.S.A. We were on the aos for the August 8th sailing. Sat in the little white chairs until after 2pm before they would let us on. The only people who looked more upset were the ones we saw once in a while waiting in a hallway to get off the ship. Take a cab to the airport and book a flight for three in the afternoon. The lines at the airport were no fun either.

zme

Isn't San Juan in the US...

I have not sailed from any other port than San Juan. The wait time to get off the ship is not that long and I have found everything just fine.

I do not like the airport but if you take a deep breath and know what is approaching you then everything is okay.

If you don't want all the line ups you should stay the Sunday night and leave on the Monday. We are presently thinking of doing this on our cruise Feb 6 - 13 as I have the most impatient daughter (23). She doesn't like crowds and has no tolerance at all for rude people so best keep her out of the airport on Sunday....she will just spoil it all for the rest of us.

Have a great time.

I found the solution for making disembarkment easier when getting off the ship in San Juan. If you have a flight leaving after about 2:45pm, book a city tour of Old and New San Juan for $25.00 per person. You meet in the theater at 8am, get off the ship as a big group, give your luggage to the bus drivers and you're off on a pretty good tour. Your luggage is taken directly to the airport in a big truck so you don't have to lug it around with you. The tour consists of free time at a fort, free time in Old San Juan to shop or eat lunch, and a tour of the newer, hotel area on your trip to the airport. You arrive at the airport at approximately 1pm to find all the luggage lined up in a parking garage directly across from the entrance to the airport. We were able to find our luggage quickly, then walked right up to the Northwest Airlines counter and were at the gate very quickly. I have experienced the Sunday morning chaos at the San Juan airport and because of this tour we were able to avoid the confusion.

K - I take it by reading your post that, this tour could essentially take the place of a bus transfer to the airport and/or a cab ride... I have not booked the RCCL transfers on purpose, but if what you're suggesting is the way to go, I might just do it... Thanks to all who reply in advance...

Archived