SodaCards

LindaandJeff

Please don't flame...search is down...I know it has been discussed before...

I need information on the soda card. I know you can't get cans of soda...but then I read in one of the threads that you also can't get glasses of soda in the theatre or in the restaurants. Is this accurate? So, where can you use the soda card?

Is there a bar near the theatre that you can go get your own soda and bring it in?

Thanks! P.S. We have already done the price analysis so we know we drink enough in quantity over the course of a day to warrant the card...but then again if it is only accepted a few places then maybe not ....

I need information on the soda card. I know you can't get cans of soda...but then I read in one of the threads that you also can't get glasses of soda in the theatre or in the restaurants. Is this accurate? So, where can you use the soda card?

AFAIK, you can use the soda card in the restaurants......ask your server.

The soda card works at any of the bars onboard, except maybe the juice bar and the cafe? We never had problems getting soda on board, although I must say it was easier to get a beer than a soda in some cases.

If you have figured out that the soda card is worth it, don't sweat it. You will find it relatively easy to get a soda anywhere on board.

what is "AFAIK?"

when you said bring soda on board does that mean bring it from home??? that seems a little over- "board".

AFAIK-as far as I know.

Some people bring 6 or 12 packs on board and buy more in port. There are stores in most every port. We flew in the day before the cruise and bought a 6 pack of Cokes before we boarded the ship. Many people do this.

Best thing I ever did. When you ask for a soda the waiter, wherever you are (restaurant, bar, or theater), will see that little sticker and you won't have to do that uncomfortable signing and miss something. I even got a soda for me AND a friend once . But, that might have been my waiter doing his usual above the call duty stuff he always did.

Sodas come from the bars....so anywhere you can order a regular bar drink or beer, you can get a soda. The sodas come from the bar tap -- quality varies from bar to bar.

If you order soda from the bar yourself or via room service, you will get a 12 oz can of it.

We brought some cafein free diet soda because that was not available on the ship. On the Dawn, the soda was Coca Cola products.

Some of our group got the soda card and the insulated cup/bottle. Most of the time if they were using the NCL insulated cup, they did not have to show their card.

The soda card is great on the ship but watch out on the private island. After waiting on line at the bar near the buffet for a while we were informed we could only use it at the one bar to the left of the buffet only. After waiting on another line when we got back to our food and it was cold. Went right in the trash.

We bring our soda in a collapsable cooler. Normally half with water and the other half soda. We keep it in our room for when we order room service.

We also purchase a soda card. My husband is big soda drinker and has ordered two at one time without a problem.

The card is a sticker on your key card.

I had no troubloe getting club soda or pop at any of the venues... no trouble at the Great Stir-Up Cay bar.

For an adult, you basically need to drink 4 sodas a day to make it worth it. I easily drink 4 club sodas a day... as I drink it at meals.

For kids, it is a no brainer. $16 for a full week... unlimited pop.

Archived